1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Dont think you've quite got the Patten lined up, upstairs, corner..

You noticed ...yeah i'm really on my game ...no square angles in the house either...now that's commitment :cwl:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, M3talpig said:

You noticed ...yeah i'm really on my game ...no square angles in the house either...now that's commitment :cwl:

I used to have a house just like that, not a square angle or straight wall in sight. How did you think I spotted it? The number of times SWMBO said "that piece isn't straight"

How I would laugh and laugh....

12 hours ago, edjbartos said:

This is soooo amazing, beautiful work, i'm really jealous, well done

Ed

1 hour ago, StuartH said:

Wow. What a stunning piece of work. Well done.

Don't encourage him chaps, the mans a maniac...:rofl:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Dont think you've quite got the Patten lined up, upstairs, corner...

Good grief! When I read that, I thought that my long departed mother-in-law had come back to haunt me👻. That woman could spot a misaligned piece of wallpaper from across the street. Excellent work Steve. I especially like the furniture. Nice one.

John. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

used to have a house just like that, not a square angle or straight wall in sight. How did you think I spotted it? The number of times SWMBO said "that piece isn't straight"

How I would laugh and laugh.

Ha Ha ....i live in one of those now ...my inspiration.

On the plaster front one tablespoon to 10ml water is a nice workable paste 15-20 ml for a mould pour and for gap filling 25-30 ml of water....that should get you going but like i said the thicker the mix the less time you have to work....so have your plan down before you mix.

You can also add white glue to the mix if adding groundwork as you go.

Edited by M3talpig
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Good grief! When I read that, I thought that my long departed mother-in-law had come back to haunt me👻. That woman could spot a misaligned piece of wallpaper from across the street. Excellent work Steve. I especially like the furniture. Nice one.

Why thank you John......reminds me of my old nan she could hear a swear from five miles away...ears like dish antenna.....couldn't hear a thing from 3 feet though always had to shout the time at her 

• Haha 1

Still plugging away at the figures, things are certainly improving but i needed a break from the face painting :banghead:

So i have done the inside of the ruin with just a few small touch up's needed and i decided not to use the unit i made for the inside ...it just looked a little too B&Q for my liking and didn't fit the 1930-45 look. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Thats all...stand at ease you orrible lot.

Steve:thumbsup:

• Like 10

That sir, ain't half bad....

And after all that effort getting the wall paper pattern lined up, some folk can be so careless.

Sure you might not have done this sort of thing before....:hmmm:

Cheers 

Darryl 

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

This scene looks and feels really convincing.

Thanks so much

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Have to agree with Soeren.....it's very convincing. Great work Steve.

John.

And you John thanks so much

• Like 1

Really nice job Steve....I like it a lot :yes:.....so much that you've motivated me to move into dioramas and have invested in base's sized for the cabinet.......so, onward to get my first one done. I'll be taking some notes from yours.

10 out of 10.......:yes:

Regards

Simon.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Really nice job Steve....I like it a lot :yes:.....so much that you've motivated me to move into dioramas and have invested in base's sized for the cabinet.......so, onward to get my first one done. I'll be taking some notes from yours.

10 out of 10.......:yes:

Regards

Simon.

I don't know what to say Simon.......other than thank you .....don't think i ever inspired anybody to give diorama's a try before

I will say this i hope you have as much fun as i have doing my little project.....especially as it was never supposed to happen (still have no idea where to put it when done) it was supposed to be a piece of cobble road and a single figure just bigger than the tank.

Best of luck with it ...i will be following with interest

Steve

• Like 1

The figure painting continues.... there is forward motion with take nine but i think i have to get used to the fact that i won't be picking this up and getting good until i start doing more and different heads...still a little googly eyed but a big improvement over take four 

spacer.png

Also think his body looks a bit too metallic...almost like an iron lung....might have to work on that a little bit more

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, M3talpig said:

The figure painting continues.... there is forward motion with take nine but i think i have to get used to the fact that i won't be picking this up and getting good until i start doing more and different heads...still a little googly eyed but a big improvement over take four 

Also think his body looks a bit too metallic...almost like an iron lung....might have to work on that a little bit more

See, I knew you where bluffing, fibber!

That head is great, the metallic effect on his body is superb, actually looks like metal, did you cut the knurled patten into it yourself? 

Where do his wheels get mounted?

Good to see someone enjoying his work. 

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

On 26/07/2020 at 09:31, M3talpig said:

On the plaster front one tablespoon to 10ml water is a nice workable paste 15-20 ml for a mould pour and for gap filling 25-30 ml of water....that should get you going but like i said the thicker the mix the less time you have to work....so have your plan down before you mix.

You can also add white glue to the mix if adding groundwork as you go.

Thanks btw, very remiss of me not mentioning this earlier.

Just as soon as I get a sufficient block of time I'm going to have a play....messy you say.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

See, I knew you where bluffing, fibber!

That head is great, the metallic effect on his body is superb, actually looks like metal, did you cut the knurled patten into it yourself? 

Where do his wheels get mounted?

Good to see someone enjoying his work. 

Atb

Darryl 

As the wife pointed out yesterday "we are all our own worst critic" true i said ...but i'm also not stupid and i can see when the result i'm getting is not what i'm seeing on others work.

And yes your spot on, i do love this hobby...all the more since i've met you lot...it's always nice to share a passion.

the knurling was all me baby.....realistic ain't it....to be honest it's the metal effect i'm most impressed with that is next level....might look a little strange poking out the top of the Sherman though.

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Thanks btw, very remiss of me not mentioning this earlier.

Just as soon as I get a sufficient block of time I'm going to have a play....messy you say.

Cheers

you are most welcome...look forward to photos from your significant other showing you laying on the floor of the workshop encased in plaster with a straw up each nostril to keep you breathing...should she choose to do that for you after i've told her where your stash is :bleh::whistle:

• Sad 1

On 20/07/2020 at 21:33, M3talpig said:

Hi EasyEight

First thanks for the kind words...second welcome to the site..i see this is your first post, some great people here and always happy to help.

The casting and foundry marks are from a company called Archer and are in resin decal form and most of the easy to identify foundry marks are included ....there available from https://www.historexagents.com/ 

The set is number ..... AR88007 and covers 1/35 1/48 and 1/72 there £17.95 and the sheet has enough for probably 5-8 models in 35th scale.

And as for the weathering on the black camo first i retextured the whole vehicle with thinned humbrol grey filler and then after the paint was applied various washes of oil paints and dry brushing was used to pick up highlights and shadows 

I still use enamels so the paints used were a base of matt 33 black and then drybrushed with colours like matt 72 matt 155 various shades of grey and the first two colours mixed with matt white to alter there tone....oils used were raw umber, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, again tonely changed as needed with cadmium white ..also used a lot of light grey and khaki toned pastel ground and mixed with white spirit to leave dust streaks and rainmarks on the paintwork.

Hope that helps bud

Steve

Thank you for the warm wellcome and for the tips. I have been observing the formum for some time now, and in deed seems like a bunch of great people can be meet here. Cheers!

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 23:44, Jasper dog said:

Hi, if I can add a little. I only tend to use acrylics these days and as for black don't use a straight black.  You'll see colours like NATO black and rubber black they are in fact very very dark grey which in this game is what you want, you can then lighten it further to create highlights or lighten it for panel centres depending upon your preferences. 

Best wishes 

Darryl 

Thank you Darryl. Using NATO black was one of the initial ideas, now I am convinced that this will be a good option.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, M3talpig said:

laying on the floor of the workshop encased in plaster with a straw up each nostril to keep you breathing...should she choose to do that for you after i've told her where your stash is :bleh::whistle:

Well, who needs friends! :fight:

That's another scrubbed from the Christmas card list..

21 hours ago, M3talpig said:

when the result i'm getting is not what i'm seeing on others work.

And yes your spot on, i do love this hobby...all the more since i've met you lot...it's always nice to share a passion.

Welcome to my world, I look at some if the creations on BM and wonder, how the chuff...

But apparently practice makes perfect, so I've been told...

(As long as your happy with your work what does it matter? I can still appreciate some of the masterpieces that pop up all to often on BM and it inspires me to give something a go that otherwise I wouldn't have thought of). 

They are a good bunch aren't they, my modelling has definitely improved since being here, particularly since posting in the wip section.

Nice to share a bit of banter, even with those that threaten to snitch! :whistle:

Cheers 

• Haha 1