2 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

did you get planning permission for that extension from the town council..hope it's within permissible 2 metres allowed..

oh no ...i didn't .... does that mean i gotta pull it down... it doesn't block my neighbors access or light although i admit i didn't inform them before building it ......:cwl::cwl::cwl:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, M3talpig said:

oh no ...i didn't .... does that mean i gotta pull it down... it doesn't block my neighbors access or light although i admit i didn't inform them before building it ......:cwl::cwl::cwl:

Don't worry. The council probably has a 25pdr which will sort it out!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Don't worry. The council probably has a 25pdr which will sort it out!

That seems strangely acceptable John.....at least it will be demolished in style :cwl:

• Haha 1

Good morning everyone.....

Been a long night of very enjoyable painting and weathering (always my favourite part of any build) and here are the results.

Still got the interior of the ruin to do but i'm still not sure whether to do it a private interior or comercial .... The building looks very governmental but so does every large building in Cologne lol.

The Willys Jeep turned up and work has begun on that (pics to follow).Once the build on the Jeep is done i will do the stowage on both vehicles at the same time.

Any way here you go, as i said still much to do.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Superb job. You'd never know it was extended. Totally seamless add on.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks so much Steve...yes i have to say it really has turned out well so far, no major problems and the cobble road certainly made disguising the seam much easier as did the rubble.

• Like 1

That is superb. The work that you have done on marking out the cobbles and the ruined building are only surpassed by your excellent paintwork. Nice work.

John.

• Thanks 1

:thanks: so much John...... getting to grips with airbrushing again has been a lot of fun, The wife asked what i would like for my birthday as it's not far of now so i said i would like a SATA pro......found out this morning she ordered it from our local stockist.....can't wait to use it as all i have at the moment is a cheap Chinese one... :yahoo:

oh my, that base is magnificent. I have always shied away from dioramas, can hide my painting skill well under weathering but to try something like that....

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That base is simply superb mate :thumbsup:

:thanks: Dads203

22 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

oh my, that base is magnificent. I have always shied away from dioramas, can hide my painting skill well under weathering but to try something like that....

:thanks: Rob...... give it a try bud, you don't know what your missing, it really frees up your creative side no restrictions no instructions just fun. 

• Like 1

You aren't helping!

I've ordeal a 1kg bag of Plaster of Paris, if I end up with no base created, no modelling done and encased in a plaster sarcophagus I'll know who to blame,  and I'll have left a note of it, just in case!!!!

:shrug:

Darryl 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

You aren't helping!

I've ordeal a 1kg bag of Plaster of Paris, if I end up with no base created, no modelling done and encased in a plaster sarcophagus I'll know who to blame,  and I'll have left a note of it, just in case!!!!

:shrug:

Darryl 

I take no responsibility for death or encasement in or by plaster of paris....... i will however call dibs on all your modeling stuff and unbuilt kits ....just in case. :cwl:

Edited by M3talpig
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

I take no responsibility for death or encasement in or by plaster of paris....... i will however call dibs on all your modeling stuff and unbuilt kits ....just in case. :cwl:

Well thank you very much! Who needs friends.....

Saying that, will need someone to shift the stash before the Mrs finds them or I'll be for it in the after life!  :chair:  (Just in case, garage and loft!) 

• Haha 3

The Willys jeep is basically done just stowage to do on this and the Sherman......only mods to this nice little kit were the alterations to the steering rack so i could display with the wheels turned slightly...and the windshield cover made from AK Greenpower putty...there are parts that i would like to have detailed more but as this vehicle is going to be swamped in stowage most of that detail would have been completely hidden.

Really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to doing a few more.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

Neat looking Jeep, makes a difference having the front wheels set at an angle, lovely faded O/D too.

I think your beginning to get the knack of this modelling lark....:whistle:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Soeren said:

Looks great :D

Thanks bud

17 hours ago, Hamden said:

Great looking jeep can't wait to see it on your diorama with the orphan

Roger

Yeah i'm getting to the point were i just want to finish this and get to my next project

5 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Neat looking Jeep, makes a difference having the front wheels set at an angle, lovely faded O/D too.

I think your beginning to get the knack of this modelling lark....:whistle:

HaHa yep practice makes almost perfect......:bleh:

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You've done just enough to that Jeep to make it look as though it's seen some service, but hasn't just come off of the production line. Nice work.

John.

Thanks John .....just wanted a nice dusty looking jeep think i pulled it off

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice job on the Jeep Steve.....going to make a nice scene on the dio' when complete.....looking forward to see it......:yes:

Regards

Simon.

Thanks Simon......Well i really enjoyed this ....figures next and this morning Steve J Zalogas jeep in service book dropped on my doorstep so having a read before i do the stowage.

And to all above thanks ...it's really nice to be able to share the hobbie i love with enthusiastic and excellent modellers...icing on the cake. 

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Great job on the Jeep. The cover on the windscreen is a really nice touch and something not often seen.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve yeah thought it broke the expanse of green up a bit and was really simple to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

getting to the point were i just want to finish this and get to my next project

Don't make the mistake of rushing it now or it will end in tears! (Don't ask how I know)

Roger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Don't make the mistake of rushing it now or it will end in tears! (Don't ask how I know)

Roger

I won't and thank you bud...... i'm managing to keep my enthusiasm under control but as you know you can see in your mind's eye the end product and it's difficult to reign in the desire to look upon the job done..... and i must admit that every now and then i look at how much has to be done and feel a little bewildered so i have to stop and prioritize the list of jobs.

• Like 2