Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0A With Ghost from Macross Zero

Good Evening,

I always thought that heavy handed aesthetics of the VF-0 with the Ghost drone on the top looked pretty cool. Prior to this January, the last time this kit was released was 15 years ago, and I'd always had my eyes open to catch one. When I saw this released again I was sure to pick one up from the local hobby shop. I was planning to enter it into their semi annual contest once completed, but the Corona Virus lock down cancelled all of that.

There was a good amount of detail added to the landing gear, gear wells, cockpit and various areas of the fuselage. I enjoyed the build, but have to say it is both big and heavy compared to the rest of my 1/72 kits.

50004356003_a765a73ef5_b.jpgP1030540 by J Hooper, on Flickr

50005137117_b7626a0a5b_b.jpgP1030536 by J Hooper, on Flickr

50005137137_68ca379ea4_b.jpgP1030533 by J Hooper, on Flickr

50004878676_a82bc9efc3_b.jpgP1030531 by J Hooper, on Flickr

50004356173_057e464237_b.jpgP1030541 by J Hooper, on Flickr

I have a few other Macross kits in long term storage. This is the first that I've completed, but I'm looking forward to build the others some day as well!

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 22

On 6/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, Hunter Rose said:

Oh sweet that looks amazing! I've always wanted to build a macross jet, that's a big one for a first, well done! 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:15 AM, Screech said:

Have myself a couple of these in the STASH, yours looks amazing!

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Hoops

Real nice job. I've liked this plane ever since Macross Zero and built one a few years ago as Fokker's ride. I love the look of it with the drone on top too. The VF-0D is also a great looking plane, with it's tandem cockpit and delta wing.

Lovely Pheonix you have done there Hoops.  I have the VF-0D to do at some point.  I was never keen on the ghost in this version - altho this is the version the Shinn later flies in the show.

I am building a VF-1J with the Fast Packs right now, if it turns out half as good as that I will be happy.  Have you done any more?

Kind Regards,

Dazz.

Hey Hoops, wonderful work! I've never seen Macross Zero but a boxing of a VF-0B at the local hobby store caught my eye - only time I've ever bought a kit based purely on box art. It'll sit next to the Macross Plus ones I've built up, when I get around to it. I think mine's white, but really like the shade of grey you used on yours. Curious about the added details you mentioned? Have any close-ups of those areas?