Modelsvit 1:72 Antonov 225 Mriya

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what a weekend.... I won a silver medal at the World Model Expo 2022 with my An-225:D!!

One of the 5 silver medals. I'm very proud, never thought this would happen!

This is the transport box:

spacer.png

8d61721e9fc03537db8db16843f705a3.jpg

spacer.png

I copied the drawing on the kit box and enlarged it several times:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This looks better than the 'coffin' it was first.

Saturday morning I arrived at the WME and placed my model on the table.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And there it stayed until sunday.

When I arrived back at the show sunday morning, I saw nothing of a note with 'Congratulations! You've won a medal.' orsomething.

That's what I already thought.

So I waited until 3 in the afternoon, the award ceremony started and I packed my Antonov back in it's transport box.

I was watching the ceremony, a lot of people gathered together in a hall so very crowded. 

I stood somewhere in the back, watching all the names and models on the big screen and a lot of applause for everybody.

Suddenly...

The category 'Aircraft' was announced.

5 Bronze winners, everybody cheering and the 5 came onto the stage to receive there medals.

After that 5 silver winners... and I was completely shocked to see my name + model: Antonov 225 on the screen:o!! I won a silver medal!!

So I tried to get to the stage but there were a lot of people in front of me.

So I reached the stage after 3 minutes, and at that time they were cheering for the gold medal winners.

I missed the official photo but here it is....

My silver medal, yess!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

So, this is it.

I don't care what I maybe will win in a future contest.

To win something at the WME is for me the ultimate victory. And a good end to a 2 year build. 

Yess!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on winning the silver medal, always nice to win something when you put a model in a competition, but as they say it’s the taking part that counts 

• Like 2

@AdrianMF @Serkan Sen @Mike @kev67 + everyone who liked : Thank you gentlemen ! 

I feel a bit ‘empty’ now the Antonov project is finished.. 
I’m thinking to pick up my 1:72 Boeing 747 SCA project (which was on hold) again.

So whatever my next project will be, another ‘big one’ is coming for sure :wicked:

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wolfhound32 said:

@AdrianMF @Serkan Sen @Mike @kev67 + everyone who liked : Thank you gentlemen ! 

I feel a bit ‘empty’ now the Antonov project is finished.. 
I’m thinking to pick up my 1:72 Boeing 747 SCA project (which was on hold) again.

So whatever my next project will be, another ‘big one’ is coming for sure :wicked:

spacer.png

Great!!! is this the AIM kit?

Modelsvit has the IL-86 and TU-144 as well,as are the A-Monsters :-))

• Like 1

@iaf-man: Hi iaf-man!

No, this is not the AIM kit.

This is an old 1:72 Skyland B-747 Qantas desktopmodel which I’m converting into a B747 SCA.

I once started a topic on Britmodeller about this project a few years ago but due to some set backs it’s on hold.

I have the Modelsvit Tu-144 and IL-86 in my stash also:

spacer.png

spacer.png

But I don’t know if I will ever have the time to build these. 

Too many kits to build..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12.03.2022 at 11:39, Wolfhound32 said:

Враховуючи жахливу ситуацію в Україні на даний момент, я однозначно вирішив побудувати свою Modelsvit 1:72 Мрія в її останніх зношених синьо-жовтих українських кольорах.

Я сумнівався, чи будувати Ан-225 з Бураном поверх, але це однозначно буде синьо-жовта схема. 

Thank you, @Вовкодав32.
I am from Ukraine and I like to glue airplane models from cardboard. But as a child, I had as many as 40 plastic airplanes. And when I was looking for an An-225 cardboard model on the Internet, I came across your post...
And I reread all the messages - from A to Z. I even registered on the tsomts forum just to thank you for the Mriya.
You did an incredible job. Very neat and elegant - respect.
And for the fact that they decided to finish the model of the Mriya (especially in her latest livery), my huge thanks from all Ukrainians.
By the way, I, in turn, will glue the Mriya from cardboard also on a scale of 1:72.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vikt0r said:

Thank you, @Вовкодав32.
I am from Ukraine and I like to glue airplane models from cardboard. But as a child, I had as many as 40 plastic airplanes. And when I was looking for an An-225 cardboard model on the Internet, I came across your post...
And I reread all the messages - from A to Z. I even registered on the tsomts forum just to thank you for the Mriya.
You did an incredible job. Very neat and elegant - respect.
And for the fact that they decided to finish the model of the Mriya (especially in her latest livery), my huge thanks from all Ukrainians.
By the way, I, in turn, will glue the Mriya from cardboard also on a scale of 1:72.

Thanks for your reply Vikt0r, your compliments are much appreciated! The Mriya was (and still is) the coolest plane ever.. I hope it will be rebuilt soon.

That’s quite an impressive challenge, building a cardboard Mriya in 1:72 scale. Good luck with your project and I wish you all the best! 

• Like 1