What the hell, might as well.....Takom Mk.IV Female

9 hours ago, Soeren said:

Oh, nice. What is the Status of your other builds Boy the way? King Tiger et cetera ?

King is on hold, Panther V2 is getting there (I also have all its brothers and cousins in the stash), SU-152 is getting a full scratch interior  (currently working on its engine).

The new Miniart T-34/85 wants my attention...........

• 2 months later...

C’mon, tell us the truth. You don’t even intend to build a model to the end. You just enjoy a bit of scaled down engineering. Why the heck would you cut and drill rivets and bars only to replace them with plastic rivets and bars anyway. You might be a scrapyard mechanic to in disguise  ;)

Edited by Soeren
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Soeren said:

C’mon, tell us the truth. You don’t even intend to build a model to the end. You just enjoy a bit of scaled down engineering. Why the heck would you cut and drill rivets and bars only to replace them with plastic rivets and bars anyway. You might be a scrapyard mechanic to in disguise  ;)

There is truth in what you say!

It is mostly because the kit details are quite chunky, and having a few good walkarounds shows things that cannot be unseen......

Tbh, I didn't even do everything!

The rivets on the kit are hemispherical, while the originals are just spherical.

Solved that with a few swipes of sandpaper.

The nuts and bolts, well the kit just has blobs really.

One thing leads to another......🤷🏽‍♂️