Anigrand 1:72 Lockheed C-5A Galaxy

6 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Very impressive work on the KC-10A, too!  Beautiful finish.  Do another!

:hmmm:Mm.. I have a damaged Skyland 1:72 KLM DC-10 on the attic, needs a makeover.. I will think about it. Maybe..

37 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Wow! That is massive! Awesome job putting it together I'm deeply impressed!

A bit of lighting and some weathering and it would have cleaned out the house at that model show!

Looking forward to the next beast! :D

Thanks Aigore :)!

yes you’re right.. I hoped for more time for the show, but the pictures of applying the decals were taken the evening before the show! So no more time for extra details like weathering, too bad..

But it was a long time ago for me since I participated in a contest, so just joining a show again was satisfying enough for me!

I met a lot of nice people there, British, American, French etc who gave me compliments for the build. So a prize isn’t really important.. just enjoyed a great weekend:D

15 minutes ago, Wolfhound32 said:

Thanks Aigore :)!

yes you’re right.. I hoped for more time for the show, but the pictures of applying the decals were taken the evening before the show! So no more time for extra details like weathering, too bad..

But it was a long time ago for me since I participated in a contest, so just joining a show again was satisfying enough for me!

I met a lot of nice people there, British, American, French etc who gave me compliments for the build. So a prize isn’t really important.. just enjoyed a great weekend:D

Agree, it is nice to socialize with fellow nerds and haggle with dealers :D

• Like 1

Great Job Wolfhound, that is deffinately a big beast of a kit and technically looks like a challenge to build, I like the camo option too!

Rich

What a project! Congratulations on finishing it, looks so impressive with that interesting scheme. 

Nice to see something unique and different 👍

Alan 

9 hours ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

I build large scales and many resin aircraft, so I'm used to seeing them as big. But hey... Big is not "big" enough here :) Marvelous job, simply fantastic. Salute to your modeling skills :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Thanks for the compliments SpeedyGonzales :thanks:

15 hours ago, Alan P said:

What a project! Congratulations on finishing it, looks so impressive with that interesting scheme. 

Nice to see something unique and different 👍

Alan 

Thank you Alan :)!

it’s nice to hear from so many people here that the camo scheme looks great. I always wanted to make the grey-white scheme, even ordered the decals for it, but decided to make the camo version finally. I have no regrets 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Epic bit of modelling there! You had my respect for even considering such a beast, but to do such a great job in just two months!

Just wow.

Thanks lasermonkey!

I waited for 10 years, but finally the result paid off :)

Never mind the international professional modeller's that's an impressive piece of modelling itself,outstanding work Dick,I don't feel so intimidated

by the 1/72 A400 I was gifted last week!

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Never mind the international professional modeller's that's an impressive piece of modelling itself,outstanding work Dick,I don't feel so intimidated

by the 1/72 A400 I was gifted last week!

Thanks for your compliment Stevej60 :) !

a 1:72 A400.. great :) !! Very nice plane, nice modern props.. I’ve seen it once, it flew over my house. 
If I had more space available I would have added it to my collection.. but who knows.. someday ;) 

• Like 1

Well, to say that your Galaxy is impressive would be a massive understatement. I think this is the first time I've seen one completed :worthy:

I see from your other builds that you are a big fan of such Behemots. I have some of Amodels "A-Monster" kits in my stash but I wouldn't even dare to think about finishing one of them in 2 month (it would taking years) so my highest respect for your energy to pull that through 👍

Cheers

Markus

this is insanely cool - what an amazing build!

I too am amazed but simultaneously not surprised you didn't win a prize. A flaps down, windows open, sterile build of a wunderkit probably picked up the prize but this is the epitome of modelling to my mind. 

I am halfway through the anigrand Nimrod in1/144 and it's given me enough trouble for a lifetime. This is next next next next next level! 

congratulations!

6 hours ago, Ignacio said:

Awesome build!  Were did you put that giant once finished?

Regards from Uruguay.

Ignacio

Thanks Ignacio :) !

I have some space left on my shelf..

The Galaxy is on the upper right shelf:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

this is insanely cool - what an amazing build!

I too am amazed but simultaneously not surprised you didn't win a prize. A flaps down, windows open, sterile build of a wunderkit probably picked up the prize but this is the epitome of modelling to my mind. 

I am halfway through the anigrand Nimrod in1/144 and it's given me enough trouble for a lifetime. This is next next next next next level! 

congratulations!

Thanks for your compliments Bianfuxia :) !

Much appreciated.

Anigrand provides us with much-wanted kits, but most of them are becoming collectors items instead of builds.. Too bad, but the kits are often too bad quality resin castings so understandable. 
Keep up the good work with the Nimrod, you can en you will finish it:punch:!!

6 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Well, to say that your Galaxy is impressive would be a massive understatement. I think this is the first time I've seen one completed :worthy:

I see from your other builds that you are a big fan of such Behemots. I have some of Amodels "A-Monster" kits in my stash but I wouldn't even dare to think about finishing one of them in 2 month (it would taking years) so my highest respect for your energy to pull that through 👍

Cheers

Markus

Thank you Marcus :) ! 
Yes, Amodel kits.. I have the Hughes H4 Spruce Goose. That will be a challenge!

Building the Galaxy in so short time was necessary for the contest; if I had a choice I would have taken more time for it..