Anigrand 1:72 Lockheed C-5A Galaxy

Hi Greetz,

I have just read through the whole thread and my lower jaw is resting on the table. Unbelievable.

Everything is of colossal proportions and superbly built and finished.

All I can say is congratulations!!!

Never thought I'd see such a build.

What's next? A 1/144 Super Cub?

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Gordon Bennett that's massive :o imagine that in 1/32 scale :hypnotised:  That is some lovely work, I've never seen metal reinforcement work in a 1/72 scale before but you've done some excellent work :goodjob: have you thought where you are going to keep it :think:

12 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Greetz,

I have just read through the whole thread and my lower jaw is resting on the table. Unbelievable.

Everything is of colossal proportions and superbly built and finished.

All I can say is congratulations!!!

Never thought I'd see such a build.

What's next? A 1/144 Super Cub?

JR

Hi JR,

Thanks for the compliments! 

What’s next..?

Well, at this moment I’m building a Modelsvit 1:72 Antonov 225..

A link to this topic on a Dutch modelling site:

https://www.modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=52845

I will post a new topic for this project on Britmodeller as soon as I can ;)

12 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

What a fantastic achievement in getting that together - and the end result is fantastic. Inspiring stuff!

Tom

Thanks Tom :) !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Getting Old said:

Gordon Bennett that's massive :o imagine that in 1/32 scale :hypnotised:  That is some lovely work, I've never seen metal reinforcement work in a 1/72 scale before but you've done some excellent work :goodjob: have you thought where you are going to keep it :think:

Hi Gordon!

Thanks for the compliments :) 

I have my own hobby room with some big shelves to the wall..

I also have a 1:72 Antonov 225 in progress, a 1:72 B747 Ed Force One, and some other big ‘units’ so I have the space available. 

• Like 3

That's an extraordinary build and a beautiful completed model. I was stationed at Altus when they had the grey and white C-5s so the Altus tail band got my attention. Seeing what you accomplished with the Anigrand C-5, I'm tempted to explore their 1/72 C-124.

3 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

That's an extraordinary build and a beautiful completed model. I was stationed at Altus when they had the grey and white C-5s so the Altus tail band got my attention. Seeing what you accomplished with the Anigrand C-5, I'm tempted to explore their 1/72 C-124.

Hi SAT69,

That’s great! I first bought the grey and white decal sheet from DrawDecal for this kit, but I decided I like the camo version better..

I was acquainted to an American F-15 pilot from Soesterberg AFB, from the 32nd TFS ‘Wolfhounds’ squadron in the late eighties. There I saw some camo C-5’s and C-141’s regularly, all in the European One scheme. That’s why I decided to make this version..

I sold my 1:72 Anigrand C-17 Globemaster III, because the quality of the resin is really, really bad.. I also have the Anigrand 1:72 C-141 in my stash, but also very bad quality resin with bubbles etc. So be warned.. This C-5 kit is of exceptionally good quality for an Anigrand kit.

18 minutes ago, Learstang said:

You didn't win a prize!? They didn't have one just for sheer audacity? What a build - brilliant job!

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason :) ! 
yeah, it’s common known that the win-a-prize standard at the SMC’s is absurd high. Only for international recommended award winners.. 

So it was fun to join, knowing that my model (not with any flaps down, doors open, detailed interiors or whatever) must have disgusted the high class jury ;) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

That is really, really lovely. Looks like a nice kit and I looooove resin, but wow. Get in. 👌

Thanks Sabrejet :)!

yeah, as a real resin-lover you should buy this kit.. it weighs 2.4 kilogrammes in total! 

• Like 1

Excellent job and marvelous piece of engineering and advance planning.

It is so rare to see the building process of a huge kit which is not from injected plastic and needs special solutions for its technological vices.

Thank you so much for this one!

Out of the pure curiosity, can you tell us what is the final weight of your model?

Thanks.

Wow, that's an absolute beast. More like engineering than modelling! Awesome.

The Ed Force One B747 will look very impressive, but a 1/72 An225? It will certainly attract attention!

Jon

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkoZG said:

Excellent job and marvelous piece of engineering and advance planning.

It is so rare to see the building process of a huge kit which is not from injected plastic and needs special solutions for its technological vices.

Thank you so much for this one!

Out of the pure curiosity, can you tell us what is the final weight of your model?

Thanks.

Thanks MarkoZG :) ! 

The final weight of the Galaxy is 2.4 kilogrammes, which I converted with an app into lbs and it says ‘5 lbs’.. Is that right? 

47 minutes ago, Wolfhound32 said:

Thanks MarkoZG :)

The final weight of the Galaxy is 2.4 kilogrammes, which I converted with an app into lbs and it says ‘5 lbs’.. Is that right? 

I don't know. In Croatia we also use kilogrammes :)

• Haha 1

If you heard a thump, don't worry, it was just my chin hitting the floor.

What a stunning achievement. That's one big Beastie. Definitely the best colour scheme to finish it in.