Hi all

I hope you’re all keeping well?

I thought I’d show you the latest model that has been keeping me amused through lockdown. It’s the Anigrand Craftworks 1/72nd scale Martin 130 Flying Boat. As usual with Anigrand kits it was not an easy build. Paints were from Xtracolor. 

Best regards to all,

Rob

3PCP6Y8.jpg

0ADDD7C.jpg

pcuvFvR.jpg

5Za495k.jpg

QBnAHY3.jpg

oIkD7lv.jpg

KHmxy8C.jpg

• Like 34

I've never built a resin kit and I'm aware of Anigrand's reputation, so I'm very impressed with your work. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent work and a rare airplane, too! I love the large flying boats but no chance in my preferred quarter scale. All the nicer to see one built with so much perfection.

Interesting colours - is this the US Navy 3(4)-tone camouflage?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Toryu said:

Excellent work and a rare airplane, too! I love the large flying boats but no chance in my preferred quarter scale. All the nicer to see one built with so much perfection.

Interesting colours - is this the US Navy 3(4)-tone camouflage?

Thank you - yes the scheme is the US Navy 3-tone version of grey, intermediate and dark blue. 

23 hours ago, Wolfhound32 said:

👍🏻Excellent job Rob! Looks really great.
How was the overall quality of the resin parts of this kit? 

The Anigrand Boeing C-98 Clipper is on my wishlist...

Many thanks. The resin looks stunning in the box and the mouldings are beautiful. However in true Anigrand style the fit was not the greatest and it took a lot of work to get together and the model in reasonable shape. I've built a few now and they've all been the same - their subject matter is great, though!

Rob

Edited by Rob Probert