Raspberry Ripple Bucc - Airfix 1/48

zebra

Better get my Buccaneer build going before I run out of time. I'm using the Airfix 1/48 kit with a Neomega cockpit, resin wheels, Heritage Aviation intakes and Eduard exterior PE set:

Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer

I'll be building it as XW987 of the A&AEE as it looked when I photographed it at RIAT '94:

Buccaneer S.2B XW987 A&AEE Fairford 94

Better get cracking. I've started by cleaning up the cockpit parts and priming them. I'll start painting them tomorrow.

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 11

This'll look great. Just a suggestion, but in @Muzz's build in the GB he's not used his Heritage intakes as they don't appear to be much of an improvement, especially with the work required to get them fitted nicely. It's certainly made me think I probably won't use mine - if I ever get around to building it!

• Like 1

Taken a while to get going - work's been ridiculously busy - but got on with it and made some progress. Cockpit and seats are mostly painted, and a few other subassemblies are in progress. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going now.

1/48 Buccaneer WIP

cheers

Julian

• Like 7

Cockpit in and fuselage assembled. Good thing I'd read about the challenges of getting this fuselage together before and knew what to expect! It put up a fight but I think I've tamed it. I've got some filler to sand tomorrow!

1/48 Buccaneer WIP

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

Looking good, very good. Are you doing yours with the white nose and camo canopy? Looking forward to the next instalment 👍👍👍

Thanks - yes I'm going for white nose and camo canopy, same patchwork colour scheme as in my photo from IAT'94 at the top of the thread.

Wings, tail and airbrakes on and it's ready for primer:

Buccaneer WIP

It's had a coat of Mr Surfacer since the photo was taken, so all being well it should get some white paint tomorrow

cheers

Julian

• Like 5

Red and blue done. A little disappointed with my masking efforts, I usually get a cleaner result than this. So some touch-ups to do. I'll finish the other colours first though - dark sea grey and dark green on the fin, zinc chromate intakes, and a black anti-glare panel. Mustn't forget the canopy and undercarriage doors as well.

Buccaneer WIP

cheers

Julian

• Like 8

Looking Great ! cant wait to see more , having built an Airfix Bucc i know what you've been through so far and feel all those that have completed one deserve a special medal and free kits from Airfix for life !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1