Airfix Gloster Meteor old style

Hi folk's a trip down memory lane now when the Beatles were still together,Adam West was Batman and we used to buy a kit at 10am and it was on the windowsill

or hanging from the ceiling by 12.Mine always sat on it's stand as drawing pins all over the ceiling was a no no,built for the Kit you built as a kid GB brush painted

only crap decal's and a need to raid the spares spoiled the fun a bit.Thanks for looking in.

20200613_122609

20200613_122502

20200613_122514

20200613_122523

20200613_122534

20200613_122556

• Like 45
  • Thanks 2

Simple, clean and it looks very good to me. Got to love old kits that remind you of the time when modeling was simpler ... or maybe we weren't as complicated ourselves.

• Like 3

Another of your clean, crisp and well presented classic kits Steve, but has the pilot been abducted by aliens  ?

regards, adey

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adey m said:

has the pilot been abducted by aliens  ?

Is this the UAV version maybe? :P

Great build, complete with the stand. 
I'm keeping my red line box sealed, though. First kit I ever made back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, adey m said:

been abducted by aliens  ?

The old eyesight isn't what it was for painting pilots Adey all that painting with a cocktail stick etc.

That's a beauty Steve....   Yeh, drawing pins in the ceiling strictly forbidden by my folks, but got around it with fishing line pinned to the top of the door frame extended to curtain rail and made a cradle out of fishing line small hook on end to hang from the line - worked pretty well back in the day..   Ahhhh memories....

• Like 1

That looks good.
I’d forgotten those clear stands, that brings back memories. I used to spend my pocket money, on an Airfix kit in a plastic bag, every Saturday. Now that WAS a 

long time ago.

Jon

• Like 1

Oh, you took me back! 

My mum and dad were pretty easy going so I had no problem hanging my models from my bedroom ceiling.

I must have been 12 or 13 before I actually got round to applying paint to any of them though!   

• Haha 1