CT-156 markings

Blimpyboy

Hiya,

Having been given an Ibex T-6 recently, I intend to make a CT-156 in BCATP commemorative markings (156120).

I know that there are 1/72 decals for this aircraft; but the Ibex kit is 1/48, and I'm pretty sure I can scrounge up all markings except for the numbers and letters. Does anybody out there have any idea as to the font used in the letters and numbers on this aircraft?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

img_6507.jpg

1536271-large.jpg

Edited by Blimpyboy

Needs dark green/dark earth uppersurfaces to celebrate the Empire Air Training aircraft from WW2!

Maybe if it was to commemorate the Empire Air Training program (UK?), but this is to commemorate the British Commonwealth Air Training Program (Canada's WW2 training contribution) and an overall yellow finish was the dominate finish.

Scott, 

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

My eyes, my eyes!

I agree - it’s quite... bilious?

Still, it’s better (to my eye) than the blue/white schemes, or overall blue scheme.

I also think it’s more attractive than the US ‘Yellow Peril’ scheme:

006.JPG

Edited by Blimpyboy

Getting back to the OP's original question regarding the font for the '43' & the serial no. on the CT-156 in the BCATP commemorative scheme, it appears it's a font called "RAF_45D_841ATH".  You can download this font (and other RAF/RCAF fonts) from http://aircraft-in-focus.com/ath_aircraft_fonts (link to download the fonts is at the top of the page).

Scott

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Scott Hemsley said:

Getting back to the OP's original question regarding the font for the '43' & the serial no. on the CT-156 in the BCATP commemorative scheme, it appears it's a font called "RAF_45D_841ATH".  You can download this font (and other RAF/RCAF fonts) from http://aircraft-in-focus.com/ath_aircraft_fonts (link to download the fonts is at the top of the page).

Scott

Give that man a cee-gar!

Scott, that is brilliant! Thanks very much for your help.

• Like 1

Well, now that I seem to have the markings sorted, can anybody suggest what shade of yellow I should be using?

Would I be incorrect in assuming that it's near-identical to what is often called 'trainer yellow' for WWII RAF/Commonwealth aircraft?

Also, does anybody know if the small Canadian flag on the fin has a white surround or a silver surround?

Edited by Blimpyboy

By the looks of it (compared to the fin flash), the flag has a white surround & as for the yellow, I would think it would be the standard yellow currently used on their SAR aircraft (FS13358 ).

Scott