New member intro...

ThreeGreens

Hello, my modelling days have really been ‘on hold’ since I was a teenager (many, many years ago!).  I have always been interested in all things related to aviation, with a schoolboy ambition to become a pilot in the RAF. Sadly they didn’t want me...  

In those days I was heavily into making balsa aircraft/gliders, the pinnacle of my achievements being a Keli Kraft Chieftain glider - a big beast that actually made many successful flights before its final headlong plunge into a baked-hard corn field!  I also built a few plastic kits (mainly RAF WW2 / 50’s/60’s) before I discovered the Air Cadets and moved on to flying full size gliders!

So now in retirement (and lockdown) I’m rekindling my modelling interest starting with 2 projects - the Airfix 1:48 Walrus Silver Wings kit - possibly a bit advanced for a beginner like me but it’s going ok so far, and a resin 1:72 Slingsby Kirby Cadet Mk 1 a full size version of which I flew as an Air Cadet in the 60’s. 

Mug shot will follow shortly when I’ve read how to do it. 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome along enjoy your modelling as long as you are happy with the finish model that’s all that matters. Your skills will improve the more you do, I’ve also got a resin Slingsby Kirby Cadet glider in the the stash to do one day from my time in the ATC back in the 70’s.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar story here and having build a modern airfix spit and working on a Tamiya 109 I have bought a slingsby T38 vacuform kit. Still working on my skills before I attempt it!!

Then maybe a chipmunk