Is it possible to save a draft post to a forum?

Evenin' all,

When posting a new topic or a reply to an existing topic is it possible to save a draft and then come back to finish it before the posting gets actioned?

I ask that because sometimes it takes me a long time to compose the text and assemble the images of a WIP or RFI build, so I would find it really useful to break off part-way through the process rather than have to finish it before posting.

Thanks in anticipation.

I have similar problems, in that half way through I think I could add an image to show what I mean.  The problem being, where have I stored the image?  My solution is to write everything in Word first and save it.  That way, I can either keep typing and post here or save it, whilst I go and find the image (or do the chore that swmbo had just found for me!).  That way, I can come back to it, complete what I was saying and then cut and paste it here.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, t15dja said:

Evenin' all,

When posting a new topic or a reply to an existing topic is it possible to save a draft and then come back to finish it before the posting gets actioned?

I ask that because sometimes it takes me a long time to compose the text and assemble the images of a WIP or RFI build, so I would find it really useful to break off part-way through the process rather than have to finish it before posting.

Thanks in anticipation.

Obviously you can do as John says, if you just want to work on the site, you can write a PM and save that as a draft.  But, in the specific request, AFAIK. no.

PS Edit - in response to bootnecks comment, you can add images to a draft PM though.   When you come to post, you may then need to paste in the images individually,  though you can quote you PM, and if you CTRL+A copy, and paste, then all the information copies,  but as a quote.

• Thanks 1

There is no reliable way to "store" a post on the forum and come back to it. There is a fairly good backup in case your browser or device crashes while you're typing, but It's not to be relied upon as a draft though. Best practice is to draft it elsewhere in Word, Notepad or some other text editor. When you finish it off, just paste it in and work on the formatting :)

• Thanks 1

I'm going to suggest a really weird but very feasible option: Microsoft's Onenote. 
The built-in App version in Windows 10 is largely sufficient, but if you already have a Hotmail/Microsoft account you can also use that to link it to the Office Onenote (2013 and up).  It also has a completely web based version, and Android Apps for tablet/phone use.

It has minimal text formatting, so copy/pasting is no problem & adding photo links works just as easily.
Other benefits & uses are keeping track of research & interesting tidbits for later use, nicely categorisable in tabs/pages.

y4mlX8XfxmLuxyy3O65LoujFgqqM7mnujlhdLPut

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2