1/48 Hasegawa A-4 Blue Angel

Excellent Blue Angel Skyhawk. Looking at the windscreen on your model, I don't believe that's the original Monogram A-4. I wonder if Revell did a rebox of the Hasegawa A-4F much as they did a rebox of the Hasegawa Phantom FGR.2. Other Britmodelers are probably more in tune with what's been reboxed and by whom so I'm confident the experts will chime in shortly and I'm glad to be educated.

• Like 1

Monogram's A-4, F-86 and F-104 had a common flaw that was hard to overlook. All three had windscreen center panels that were entirely too wide. Your Skyhawk has a proper looking windscreen, hence my question about the Revell kit being a rebox of the Hasegawa A-4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

You are quite correct Scooby! Boy do I feel silly! Thanks for pointing out the oversight.

Sorry if I appeared to be picking on you 😀

You can blame it on the heat, it’s really hot here in Canada.

10 hours ago, Scooby said:

Sorry if I appeared to be picking on you 😀

You can blame it on the heat, it’s really hot here in Canada.

I didn't take offense at all. You were and are quite correct. I should have read more closely. Have a great day! Want to try the mid to high 90 degrees F here in Texas?  🙂

8 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I didn't take offense at all. You were and are quite correct. I should have read more closely. Have a great day! Want to try the mid to high 90 degrees F here in Texas?  🙂

I did a helicopter course in Fort Worth at Bell helicopters in the late 90s. The course started in March, the RCAF had condo’s leased for us. We had to get the pool filled, it was too hot for us but the locals thought it was winter.