MiG-29 9-13 Fulcrum C

Now for something entirely different....

A passion of mine is painting camouflage preferably freehand and desert schemes in particular :D This paintjob was challenging, mostly because the vertical stabs had to be mounted and could not be painted separate.

It is an almost entirely OOB build besides of the pitot tube, if there is ONE thing I will add to a build it is a metal pitot tube :P

The G.W.H Fulcrum was a very nicely detailed and crisp kit though some assembly solutions were a bit unnecessarily challenging, like the engine nacelles....take good care when putting those together, I needed lots of putty :P (not necessarily the kits fault, I have a tendency to burn through putty at a rate :/)

this particular Fulcrum is painted in the colors of the Uzbeki airforce....looks kind of like a gown my mom had in the 70's :P....and not entirely unlike as if the whole aircraft was covered in sick :P

DSC_3321_zps9zw9xqu9.jpg DSC_3323_zpsxagadopo.jpg DSC_3325_zpsmqd4imbk.jpg DSC_3327_zpsx41xdt2n.jpg DSC_3329_zpsxyldewkm.jpg DSC_3333_zpsyvc68bqo.jpg DSC_3336_zpswqlstmea.jpg DSC_3338_zpscc4wvqij.jpg DSC_3340_zps33qsuity.jpg DSC_3342_zpsntfnbdwq.jpg DSC_3344_zpsopcqhhh6.jpg DSC_3346_zpsgosvvmyc.jpg DSC_3348_zpszstcx1n8.jpg DSC_3350_zpsqcrzo2z2.jpg DSC_3352_zpsgnozwc5y.jpg DSC_3354_zpssb6lstyz.jpg DSC_3356_zps0guqowk5.jpg DSC_3358_zpsihy7tj3w.jpg DSC_3360_zpscpmkkzb0.jpg DSC_3362_zpsvzdjvocz.jpg DSC_3365_zpszmlgba7g.jpg DSC_3369_zpsq4pw0a2g.jpg DSC_3372_zpsw8hs3oav.jpg DSC_3375_zpsku1vbfuz.jpg DSC_3376_zps1mtjygqn.jpg DSC_3377_zpshpipjxqy.jpg DSC_3379_zps8o6wsu7z.jpg DSC_3381_zpsn3hu8mpa.jpg DSC_3383_zpsdy8eyatv.jpg DSC_3384_zpsb6gwiezd.jpg DSC_3385_zpspkuhqbjq.jpg DSC_3386_zpsjqojqrut.jpg DSC_3387_zpsh33pxlsg.jpg DSC_3388_zpsgmnux8xb.jpg DSC_3389_zpstfnu8ail.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 68
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Very handsome indeed! 😀 Perhaps the nicest MiG-29 I've seen modeled yet!  Bravo!  :worthy:

Thanx Gary :D very kind of you :)

59 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Lovely work, excellent airbrush skills.

Thanx Neil :D

It takes some training to keep the color borders tight...but it is fun :D

41 minutes ago, mick said:

excellent work

Thanx Mick :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

I like that one a lot. Beautiful build!

Thanx SAT69 :D

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

Wow!  That's an excellent build and a beautifully executed camo scheme ... even if one might question the Uzbeks' choice of colours!!

Thanx Vultures1 :D

inredd.....very striking scheme :P

5 minutes ago, alxzinbox said:

Very nice

The camo pattern and weathering are perfect. The fuel leakage on the center tank is lovely!

Great photography too!

Thanx alxzinbox :D

the photos are alright, the editing of the pictures are a bit sloppy but I got better at it with time.

this is a few years old build.

16 minutes ago, Josh G said:

I love it. I built this kit as a Moldovan Air Force example; love these type of schemes

Thanx Josh :D

indeed, it is the more exotic schemes that are interesting. A fun part of building a jet with many users is to find those intriguing schemes, it is the same thing with the F-16.... I don't think I've ever done a "vanilla" F-16 :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Superb job, I love seeing the lesser known schemes! What's next on the agenda?

Thanx ForerFan :D

Oh, I just keep hammering away at my MiG-23. I'm posting older builds here to build up som mojo and since I am new to this forum, show what im  all about :D

1 hour ago, Davek72 said:

Really lovely build.  Love the colour scheme.

Thanx Davek72 :D

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, Aigore said:

this particular Fulcrum is painted in the colors of the Uzbeki airforce....looks kind of like a gown my mom had in the 70's :P....

In my opinion, the colors of this Uzbek MiG-29 really have a certain resemblance to the colors on the national woman Uzbek costume:

2eda1b33a6.jpg

DSC_3321_zps9zw9xqu9.jpg

😉😁

which, however, does not apply to the fact that you made a really good model of this MiG-29!

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Reini78 said:

Great looking Uz MiG!! camo job is superb :thumbsup:

Thanx Reini :D

5 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

OUtstanding work my friend.

Thanx mate, you did have a hand inte finishing of that kit, remember?

Dragan is a good friend and superb builder....he has eyes like a hawk and points you to bettering here and there. Invaluable!

21 minutes ago, exdraken said:

very very nice!

rarely seen colors!

Aren't those MiGs now painted in dark grey? the current AFM issue has great images ;) 

Thanx exdraken :D

indeed I'm drawn to schemes that are a bit out of the ordinary.

not a clue...if so it is sad, I prefer colourful jets :)

7 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Truly excellent & an unusual scheme as well. What's not to like!

I quite fancy one myself, got some Polish decals but just need a kit to go with them.

Pete

Thanx Pete :D

Time to add some styrene to the hoard then :P 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Thanx Reini :D

Thanx mate, you did have a hand inte finishing of that kit, remember?

Dragan is a good friend and superb builder....he has eyes like a hawk and points you to bettering here and there. Invaluable!

Thanx exdraken :D

indeed I'm drawn to schemes that are a bit out of the ordinary.

not a clue...if so it is sad, I prefer colourful jets :)

like it or not, here it is ;) 

sddib5hrxi641.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

https://preview.redd.it/sddib5hrxi641.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a46fe3cbf7f21103bbe54c7d5e52804dc2b69a90

EXMnck4WsAY9f3f?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXMnck4WsAY9f3f?format=jpg&name=small

but it seems you could also do a matching Su-27!

ruDkd9x.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ruDkd9x.jpg

definitely stunning schemes I can't remeber having seen before! :wall: