1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

23 hours ago, Homebee said:

After the Mirage IIIE/5 family (link) Modelsvit is to release 1/72nd Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ kits

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2682351568700544

104190408-2682347152034319-3769746158976

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

It's time to create a BM bookmaker and bet there on the sweepstakes:

- who will be first with Mirage III C in 2020 Modelsvit or Special Hobby?

- who will be best with Mirage III C in 2020 Modelsvit or Special Hobby?

- who will be 

more expensive / cheaper

with Mirage III C in 2020 Modelsvit or Special Hobby?

e.t.c.

😁😁😁

B.R 

Serge

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Gene K said:

I've about given up on Special Hobby, so looking forward to Modelsvit beating them to the punch.

WKCss.gif

....and woe to the defeated, trampled by someone's modeller's foot!

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

2 hours ago, ivand said:

Well, we don't have a vaccine for Covid-19

....why not? 😉

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Release expected in November 2020.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72061

Then we should in the first half of October 2020 see photos of spruce, instructions, decals, etched masks and, most importantly, boxes!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

I hope they will have a future boxing with decals for the Argentine IIICJ in the desert scheme of the late 80s! I have been very impressed with Modelsvit latest offerings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EDCS87 said:

I have been very impressed with Modelsvit latest offerings.

I had never bought a Modelsvit kit before until I picked up the recent Mirage IIIE.  I was also very impressed.  So much so that I have their forthcoming Mirage IIIB and IIIC on backorder at the Big H.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - 3D renders+schemes - release November 2020
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - 3D renders+schemes - release February 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - 3D renders+schemes+box art - release February 2021

Looks like it will be a close run thing for this kit to be available in time for the Africa GB.   I may have to use either a PJ Productions or an RV Aircraft kit.  

Building from The Stash of course.  :thumbsup:   

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - 3D renders+schemes+box art+sprues+decals - release February 2021

Plastic look great, as to be expected, but the decal sheet seems to have the same problem as the IIIB kit (which I have). The blue for the Israeli and South African markings is too light.:hmmm:

Mike.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:23 PM, MikeR said:

Plastic look great, as to be expected, but the decal sheet seems to have the same problem as the IIIB kit (which I have). The blue for the Israeli and South African markings is too light.:hmmm:

Mike.

Hard to tell from two pictures with what I feel is two different blues. In my eyes they look rather violet...

Cheers / André 

8 hours ago, Andre B said:

Hard to tell from two pictures with what I feel is two different blues. In my eyes they look rather violet...

Cheers / André 

Depends on what your screen shows - on my phone they look darker, on the PC, lighter. However the Mirage IIIB sheet I can Mk.1 eyeball and on that the IDF and SAAF markings are too light. Both blues should be darker and richer in tone than what Modelsvit provide. I have the 1/72 Isradecal Mirage IIIB/C decal sheet so for an Israeli aircraft I'm sorted but since I wanted to do the SAAF IIIB option the kit's "on hold" for the moment.

Mike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...