1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - MIIIC & CJ released

Homebee

31 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

May I ask where you ordered from?

Bassin maquette, France. The owner has strong relationship with modelsvit. He shares plans and documents for mirage G models.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - released

This is now available from The Big H.  One is currently winging its way towards me ready to be built in the Africa GB.  The RV Aircrafdt kit I had as backup can now go back into The Stash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Got it!!!  :thumbsup: 

Mine arrived just now, 3 to do a French, Israeli and Argentinian. For the Israeli Shahak I'm just going to trade the kit's AIM-9Bs for Eduard's AIM-9Ds, to better depict a 101 Squadron aircraft.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I have with this kit is that all six decal schemes are interesting and crying out to be built.  Could be expensive.  :wall:

I will be building the SAAF version in the Africa GB.  The natural metal French jet will be built in the French Fancy GB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The biggest problem I have with this kit is that all six decal schemes are interesting and crying out to be built.  Could be expensive.  :wall:

I will be building the SAAF version in the Africa GB.  The natural metal French jet will be built in the French Fancy GB.

I checked the initial renders and found out that they also depict the later versions of the Shahak, so I guess I'll wait for their release to make the Argentinian. 😀

spacer.png

Meanwhile, I now have one available, so it will be with that lovely desert camo used by the Armée de l'Air in Djibouti. 😎

spacer.png

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - MIIIC released - MIIICJ relase Summer 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ by Modelsvit - MIIIC released - MIIICJ release in Summer 2021

Aircraft "107"of the 117 Squadron (the First Jet Squadron) has the insignia of 101 Squadron (the First Fighter Squadron) on its tail. I hope is just a mistake in the illustration and the correct insignia is included in the decal sheet, and secondary but nice to have, the illustration ammended.

13 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Damn, the kill markings on that Argentinian bird 😀

I'm not sure when they were attached.

After painting argentinian camouflage or after arriving in IAF Museum in Hatzerim, IL.

1152145-large.jpg

5 hours ago, drake122 said:

Damn, the kill markings on that Argentinian bird 😀

Shahak 59 was top scorer of IAF , 13 kills.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SPAD64 said:

Shahak 59 was top scorer of IAF , 13 kills.

First top scorer. When it went out of service on the second day of the Yom Kippur war N58 caught it up, also reaching 13 kills.

I will have to look it up to be 100% sure, but I am convinced the Egyptian (and Syrian?) roundels didn't survive the selling of No 59 to Argentina. In fact, pictures of it after being repaired show the kill markings in a different configuration. I think the markings in the kit depict the aircraft in the configuration shown by @MiG-Mech's picture above, upon returning to Israel in 2003 probably.

Regarding "107", now I am on the fence, since the only picture I could find so far in the references I have easily available show it without tail badge or rudder stripes and the caption assign it to 101 Squadron. There was a "107" in service with 117 Squadron a few years later, but it was an F-16A.

• Like 1