Academy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat

Afternoon all,

My build rate has slowed up a bit since lockdown restrictions have been relaxed, but I've still been plugging away at the workbench when I can, completing my 14th build of the year this morning. Fittingly, it's the stunning new F-14 from Academy, built completely out of the box as an early A model using the colourful markings of VF-143 'Pukin Dogs' supplied, which performed superbly. Finished as ever using Hataka Orange Line and Alclad, with a touch of Xtracolor here and there too, namely the fin caps, which try as I might I could not get to match the blue colour of the blue fin flashes.... A few other imperfections on my part, but this might just be the finest kit I've ever built in this scale, a pure joy, and given just about all the parts are present to build virtually any F-14, the first of many I'm sure!

49998504057_7ac7db4d5f_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49998503982_cbca907383_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49997730633_5df94ed24e_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49998253096_94ffa2675b_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49997730563_6c4b678f94_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Grumman F-14A Tomcat by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Shaun

• Like 54
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely gorgeous.  I can't wait to get my hands on one (or two) of these!

Superb finish on yours bud, very clean and smart.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Absolutely beautiful - you really nailed it!

About a year ago I succumbed to "F-14 fever" and bought a pre-owned Hasegawa 1/72 kit.

Now I wonder if I should have held on longer for the Academy release. 🤔

Anyway, it's clear from your result that you have skills for us all to envy.

:thumbsup::clap2: