Any way to remove dust from under clear coat?

A_S

I didn’t notice some black dust settled on my white body. I’ve done a couple of coats over the top. Is there any way to sand it or remove the dust without damaging the clear coat?

Cheer up, we all have been there.  Not all is lost, this could be a good time to experiment.  It's not a disaster but an opportunty.  Even, as some Prime Minister once said, an opportunity for further disaster. 😉

Sanding might not be necessary - what did you use for the clear coat?  Is it soluble?  Also, might it be possible to sand/polish/whatever to the limited area of the foreign matter, then recoat as necessary?  Even if you damage the colour coat underneath you can repaint that and start again.  You could even weather over it.

You didn't say what the subject is - could you make it a whitewashed Luftwaffe type in Russia?  An airframe under camouflage nets in the Pacific?  

• Like 1

Just had roughly the same problem on thursday. Luckily it was only the base coat of glossy white so I could sand away and repaint the white. If you do sand it down don't just heavy handily target the small area like I did. When I repainted I realised I had caused a divot in the paintwork and had to do it again, but a larger area.