AMT-4 Humbrol approximate?

Vlad

Possibly mislabeled tin? AMT-4 is definitely a green. Some manufacturers make it a drab version of 4BO as seen on some tank relics, but aircraft relics confirm it is a (yellow) green. Do you have Hu114? My old bottles of Hu114 and Hu115 are passable for AMT-4/-7 combo.

Cheers,

Vedran

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Possibly mislabeled tin? AMT-4 is definitely a green. Some manufacturers make it a drab version of 4BO as seen on some tank relics, but aircraft relics confirm it is a (yellow) green. Do you have Hu114? My old bottles of Hu114 and Hu115 are passable for AMT-4/-7 combo.

Cheers,

Vedran

No I don't have 114. I've just found a tin of 150 though. What I've tried is mixing the old White Ensign incorrect AMT-4, number 8 in this picture, with the Colourcoats new, brown AMT-4 and I've come up with something that is close to Humbrol 150 but just a touch browner, close to the AMT-4 from Akan in the below picture.

wevvsw2.jpg

14083109470514768312491399.jpg

• Like 1

I spent some time over this when I built my MiG-3 and Yak 1B, I even bought some AKAN paint to try and match up some more common modelling paint to use, in the end I used Model Master Interior Green FS34151, this was back in 2015 though and the Colourcoats range has been updated since.

There are other options in the build thread.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Looking on the Sovereign Hobbies website, their AMT4 is shown, and described as, Olive Green.  The tin marked 15 looks much more like their Yellow Grey.

Sorry Graham I'm missing your point there,  tin 15?

As this is the only brown in the photograph, I assumed that was the one you were talking about.  The comment still stands that the Colourcoats AMT4 is basically green rather than brown.  I suspect my tin is the White Ensign one but haven't been up to check.

50 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

As this is the only brown in the photograph, I assumed that was the one you were talking about.  The comment still stands that the Colourcoats AMT4 is basically green rather than brown.  I suspect my tin is the White Ensign one but haven't been up to check.

Sorry the photo was just to show the old AMT-4 which I was mixing with the new one. The new one is like a faded OD, more brown than green, like this MPR swatch below (  the AK RC swatch is just for comparsion ). 

This is the tin compared to some 34151.

52530143328_206b59743f_o.jpg

web_swatch_MRP_016.jpg

31842_rd.jpg