Paint Rack (Tamiya & Gunze PR002)

Mike

5 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You're welcome @Henrik Esping Actually, what they use on the "system" racks that go around your desktop is blinking strong, but small, rare earth magnets to build your preferred configuration. Counter-sink and fix them into your desktop and the top and bottoms of the racks, and they'll grip very firmly and very neatly...

best,

M.

Clever! I might look into just that!

The official answer is that this hasn't been tested and therefore can't be recommended.  However, as Mike has shown on the first page people have mounted them this way.  The reason we haven't recommended this method is that paint is heavy and fixing to the wall relies upon the PVA joints in the construction of the units and the make up of the MDF.  An alternative method would be to fix a baton underneath the racks and let that take the weight.

Reference to the instructions may be of help - 36mm Rack Instructions

Hope this of use.  If you need more help, please fire away?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, Saeran said:

I've bought several of these racks and after being very pleased with them, I have just bought another couple. Very easy to build, quality and a good price.

I've got a couple more myself, and have yet to get around to building them :rolleyes:

• Like 2