Vickers VIA Light Tank +++Finished.

Might be worth playing safe as I stress I havent actually tried it yet.

Out of interest who did you order them from? I usually use ModelsUA - good service but delivery can take a while.

All the best

Ben

The last order took 3 weeks for him to charge me and then 6 to arrive!

Was some very obscure etch though.

If you're in a rush I can send you one of my sets then return them when yours arrive?

All the best

Ben

• Thanks 1

Odds-n-sods...

20200714-125548-1.jpg

Wanted to make the track guard supports earlier but 0.05mm was too thick Got a pack of various thicknesses and settled on 0.3mm brass to make the supports...swish. Next I turned my attention to the drivers hatches. The forward section was made from thin plasticard (hard to see is white) and the rear section is made from 0.5mm brass but still needs some work.

Stuart

• Like 8

I agree with John, those track guard supports are the biz Stuart. That's really going to add to final result. Remind me, what was the decision on the tracks in the end? You were talking about flexible replacements? My ACE 1/72 Scimitar comes with etched brass tracks which look amazing. Getting them on in another matter!

Terry

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

etched brass

The supports are brass but not etched, I cut and folded them all by myself.

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

decision

I have tracks on order but very unclear as to when they'll arrive but if I can't wait,  John will bale me out until mine arrive. Until the tracks arrive, i'm loathed to hack the kit tracks, I want to see what i'm working with.

Stuart

• Like 2

The last update for a while as I need to wait for tracks to arrive plus a weeks break to the west country.

20200716-123229-1.jpg

All primed and ready for 'undercarriage', some accessories, figures and a base.

Stuart

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Ben @badger, some flexible tracks for the Mk VI.

20200825-124011-1.jpg

The tracks have arrived, better late than never, don't they look lovely @Terry1954 :tease:.  You can guess what's going to happen next but not just yet, the FV432 needs to get completed to a certain stage before I'm back on this...maybe.

Stuart

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

ALL STOP...again!

20200904-124613-1.jpg

Today I thought I'd hack the kit tracks/ suspension to I can use the rubber tracks only to note that the supplied tracks are incorrect :rant:...these are not Mk VI tracks! Not sure who's fault it is but needles to say I had to order another 3 sets, fortunately they were in stock. @Terry1954, I think you were interested in those too. With this paused, I better find another AFV to start as the 432 is now at home awaiting primer and paint.

Stuart

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

On 9/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Courageous said:

@Terry1954, I think you were interested in those too.

Yes indeed, just ordered a set (only one left) along with some other interesting resin items to hang under the wings of 1/72 aircraft......

I hope I get the right tracks. They looked like MKVI's on the picture on the site. Let's wait and see.

Can't recall if I mentioned before, but my ACE Scimitar comes with etched tracks that fold up into 3D tracks and really look superb. Three separate folds per track piece. Ingenious, but not bent them around the wheel set yet though.

20190730_111610 20190729_233859

Not sure if other ACE kits have these?

The MK VI should look very neat with those vinyl tracks.

Terry

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello peeps.

20200917-124703-1.jpg

Suspension hacked from the tracks, cleaned up and refitted to the hull. The drive sprocket thickness needed to be thinned so as to fit the tracks.

20200917-124724-1.jpg

All ready for priming, painting and now waits in the paint queue at home.

Stuart

• Like 10

On 17/09/2020 at 12:58, Courageous said:

Hello peeps.

Suspension hacked from the tracks, cleaned up and refitted to the hull. The drive sprocket thickness needed to be thinned so as to fit the tracks.

Looking great - glad the tracks arrived safely.

Nice tip about thinning the sprocket - will remember that (by writing it on the kit box!!).

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

What heck have I been doing since the last update, obviously not a lot. This has been parked with a number of others up near the paint booth and with a increasing mojo, time to move this on.

spacer.png

Being an 'A' version, I decided to do a pre-war paint option, that being overall Bronze Green using Humbrol enamel. Also noted that I had completely forgotten about amkig the drivers hatches had been lost, so these were scratched again. The rubber tracks are painted black and ready for the next stage. A suitable member of the crew was selected from a Milicast set. Hull and turret are glossed and ready for the few decals.

Stuart

• Like 7

20210123-111729.jpg

What few there are, decals are on and sealed. Tracks have had a brown wash, tried and been dried brushed with Citadel's Leadbelcher, a steal like colour without being overly shiny.

Next stage is putting it together and thinking of weathering and the base.

Stuart

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 2:29 PM, Terry1954 said:

I'm liking the bronze green a lot. One of mine is a pre-war in bronze green. Your shade looks spot on.

Cheers Terry, I like it too. Having a number of these kits, makes sense to do a pre-war scheme. Anyway, a little further along.

20210131-172913.jpg

I have given it a oil wash but it's very subtle. The ACE tracks being 1/72 were a little long which was handy as I was able to add a little sag in the tracks before cutting to length, like them.

Stuart

• Like 7