Airfix 1:24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B 'Car Door' - Finished

So this is my latest foray into the world of lock-down modelling. Will be OTB with the exception of a Yaho IP to replace the kit one. Paints will be mostly Tamiya with only the exterior being MRP.

01.jpg

Going with 'Scheme D' for no other reason than the unit was based in Hampshire which is where I'm from! Seems as good a reason as any :)

02.jpg

Over the past 4 or 5 days I have managed to finish the office area, boy is it fiddly!!

Think this is going to take me a while as there are LOADS of steps........!!! And loads of flash/mold lines to remove from most all of the parts ! Is this 'normal' for this particular model or have I got a duff one??

10.jpg  09.jpg  08.jpg  06.jpg 

07.jpg  05.jpg    

04.jpg  03.jpg

Edited by Starspell
Typo error
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, nick32 said:

Wow, great start - Your figure painting is top notch!

More by luck than judgement! They usually don't turn out so good. Did the pilot first to see how he turned out. I was quite prepared to leave him out and just fit the belts, but seeing as he turned out so good I put him in!

@Edge and @aquatarkus10 thanks for your kind words and encouragement. 

A little update. Engine and plumbing almost complete, just finished step 65 of 232! Getting the plumbing in is rather fiddly and have to dry fit may times to work out where some of it went as it wasn't clear to me where some things went, I don't feel that the instructions are the clearest at times.............or maybe it's just me being dumb 🤪.   Oh well, onward and upward!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great deal of progress to show....but slow but steady progress over the last week or so. Home life and work are beginning to impinge on my shed time as things slowly return to 'normal'.No major fit issue (so far 🤞) so still pretty happy with things.

Cockpit assy fitted to wing spar thingy and the guns added.

15.jpg  16.jpg  18.jpg  17.jpg   

Also, now got the top skins on the wings.

19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 

And finally, this is how she now sits awaiting my return to the bench.

23.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Another small update. It's been a few weeks of bits and bobs as home life reared it's ugly head (due to +ve Covid test for my wife [nurse] so we got 2 weeks proper isolation and lucky me got to relay/extend patio and build new retaining wall [something I've never done before and am quite proud of the results!], thankfully the wife is now -ve as is the rest of the household of 5, and almost back to full health).

Tinkered here and there with getting the flaps and stuff built up, the majority of the plane is now built and have had a few spray sessions over the last couple of evenings and got the invasion stripes on and the underside painted. Bought some masks from Top Notch for the cammo (first time I will have tried masks so could be fun!).

So here is how it currenty stands:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png 

Thanks for looking in, comments and critique welcome.

Edited by Starspell
Added mask info
  • Like 4

This is the way things stand now after a few spray sessions. Most all of the actual plane is now sprayed and just needs a bit more for final assembly.........just have to do the armourment/loadout.

18a.jpg

17a.jpg

15a.jpg

16a.jpg

Enjoy.............

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One Tiffy finished.

After a few days hiatus I finally got round to finishing up this model. It's a nice one to build tho have to be careful with the fit as the tolerances are VERY tight, especially the engine/cockpit. Canopy fit isn't/wasn't to great, but hey, it'll do me [:)]

So here she is:

32.jpg 

33.jpg 

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

And here she is up on the shelf.........along with my next project on the bench

46end.jpg

As always.........comments and critique warmly welcomed.............enjoy and thanks for looking in.

• Like 11

Looking at your set-up you must be left-handed.

41 minutes ago, Marklo said:

what’s next ?

the Revell 1:32 BAe Hawk T.1A Red Arrow on the bench (last photo).

And Ray, yes I'm a leftie 🤪

Edited by Starspell
  • Like 1