Old newbie to modelling

FrankJ

Hi all, thanks for adding me to the forum. Last time I assembled a plastic airfix model was 60 yrs ago when I was 10 yrs old. Discovered girls were more interesting so modelling days got left behind. 👭😉😉😁

Was recently give a gift Revell RMS Titanic gift set, looking forward to trying to build them. I'm sure I'll have a couple of questions before I'm finished. 

Welcome back to modelling, that's exactly how I got hooked back into the hobby when one of my kids gave me a model of the Titanic for my 60th. 

I was amazed at how far modelling and equipment have advanced, five years on and my shelves are full of completed models and my bank balance is seriously depleted 😂. Have fun !!!

Hello Frank...:post1: from Chicago USA. Take your time and don't rush things, and build it only to your standards. If you try to make it to a standard that you think the Forum expects, you may get frustrated and walk away from a rewarding hobby. 

Dennis 

• Like 1

Gidday FrankJ, rule no1 - enjoy yourself.

rule no2 - see rule no1

Welcome aboard. Regards, Jeff.

Hi FrankJ - nice to have you along.  I'm almost in the same boat as you - although I picked modelling back up as a retirement pastime (retired two weeks ago, so still a novelty!)

Loads of advice available here and lots of new friends to be made.

Stay safe

Adrian