1/72 Viggen family

Hello

Here are three 1/72 Viggen I have just finished.

First the AJ-37 from Special Hobby in that particular Swedish camouflage in the 1980s

spacer.png

Next the SK-37 trainer either from Special Hobby and in overall natural metal finish.

spacer.png

Last the JA-37 JaktViggen in the late overall grey dress but with high visibility numbers. This one is from the Tarangus box, but same manufacturer.

spacer.png

Finally the three of them which will be published in Tamiya Model Magazine French edition .

Patrick

spacer.png

• Like 63
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb trio of Viggens! 

I assume you used masks on that Splinter scheme, any advice on using them as I've got the duo set to do with a dreaded masking set!

Martin

Hello

I made the splinter scheme by means of the Maestro Models MMK7271 masks. I have to adjust a little because they were cut to suit the Heller kit.

Patrick

3 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Hello

I made the splinter scheme by means of the Maestro Models MMK7271 masks. I have to adjust a little because they were cut to suit the Heller kit.

Patrick

So once you've sprayed a colour, you overlay the mask onto the dried paint to paint the next colours? 

I'm mad enough to start a Ukraine digital scheme Su-24 Fencer, & realized how daunting it will be to paint the different layers!

Martin

8 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

So once you've sprayed a colour, you overlay the mask onto the dried paint to paint the next colours? 

I'm mad enough to start a Ukraine digital scheme Su-24 Fencer, & realized how daunting it will be to paint the different layers!

Martin

Exactly one after the other so four times and more as I had to correct some places.

Next will be a Su-57 with only two colours. Easy !

Patrick

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Exactly one after the other so four times and more as I had to correct some places.

Patrick

I have got that Maestro mask set for the Viggen, I hope it's quite low tack. That's my main worry, having these masks just itching to peel your previous paint off! 😈

Anyway I find I'm not sane enough to paint anything with a simple scheme!

Edited by Lightningboy2000

Just now, Lightningboy2000 said:

I have got that Maestro mask set for the Viggen, I hope it's quite low tack. That's my main worry, having these masks just itching to peel your previous paint off! 😈

24 hours between two colours.

Patrick

35 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Patrick

Isn't there a digital scheme for that as well? I heard that's the box art on the zvezda kit but you have to get the mask set separately.

2 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

I bet that's lacquer paint you use?! 

I've only got acrylics, might be alright.

Gunze Aqueous for all except the Xtracrilix light green as H58 was unavailable at the time.

Just now, Lightningboy2000 said:

Isn't there a digital scheme for that as well? I heard that's the box art on the zvezda kit but you have to get the mask set separately.

I have to create the mask as there is nothing inside the Zvezda box for that.

1 hour ago, kapam said:

Appearing in Tamiya Magazine?  That about says it all - they are superb!

:clap:

I most definitely have to agree!

• Thanks 1