Hermes parcel services

Just seen this from a retailer I use;

HERMES UPDATE 'Delayed Parcels' :( HERMES Systems "went down" and deleted 1000's of bar-codes.

Sadly, this affected over a 100+ members parcels (plus 100's of other business's too) Hermes account Manager tells me "" the team will look into this and update you. As a general, we’ve been told the whole re-labeling of parcels and processing is to be done by the end of this week."" End - So.. PLEASE - this is NOT something we have control over, but, seems Hermes are to divert staff to relabeling 1000's of parcels

Not great but it looks like they are working through it.

Julien

To add to this, they have recently removed any form of compensation if they lose your parcel by default, unless you pay extra.  So it's pretty much a case of "Yeah, we'll send your parcel for you, but it's not our fault if it goes missing".  You just know that this will lead to more parcels being stolen, as there's no-longer any motivation for the company to even bother looking into a rash of lost parcels unless they're insured.  I used to use them a lot and got chatting with our local courier.  She would tell me of the latest ways they were trying to shaft her, and you could also see how they were shafting us by constantly massaging their pricing and the weight categories to edge up the costs on a regular basis.  I'm not planning on using them anymore unless I just can't avoid it.  They don't play fair with their staff or customers, so stuff 'em :tease:

I've got a feeling that this is leading up to a take-over by someone else after they've manipulated the profits to make the business look better than it really is.  Watch this space, and we'll see whether I'm talking :poop:

• Like 1

I've fallen foul of Hermes this week. 

Ordered paint from MJR and it's gorn missing between the Hermes depot and my place.

Not sure whats happening now, but, to be fair to MJR, they do have a plan "B" for purchasers.

BTW, MJR seem a good bunch.

Rick.

Still waiting...

I hate Hermes... 

I have another name for them, which I will not repeat in "good" company... But you just have to replace one of the letters to get some sort of nasty rash...

That's what I consider them to be. Especially when earlier this week, I got a load of verbal abuse off one of their drivers when they delivered an item to our house - and had cause to complain to him about the way he delivered it!

I think a lot of couriers have gone to the dogs over recent years as they chase every scrap of profit. There's already been a number of takeovers/buyouts which I think is making matters worse. I can't even recall whether TNT owns FedEx or the other way round or maybe its one of the others that owns each, who knows. All I know is that Hermes has been completely hit and miss (mostly miss), FedEx delivered my parcel to a tractor plant 3 miles away and claimed it had been signed by the author Dan Brown, while Yodel… I'd sooner trust my parcel to the local cat. Royal Mail on the other hand have been fantastic and even Amazon have been on the up and up. 

We had a few parcels slightly delayed last week but Hermes have generally been pretty good recently.  We were using DPD for parcels over 2kg but they’ve stopped the parcel shop pick ups during the Covid stuff.  Hermes are also messing with the price structure though.

MJR are a good bunch, can’t recommend them enough.

Still no sign of my delivery because of Hermes.

Looks like I'll have to write off my delivery and reorder.

The sad thing is we'll all start buying stuff from companies that use better couriers, not because of the good seller.

I stick to Royal Mail, DPD, UPS and Parcelforce. I know people will have had issues with every carrier at some point but I have had very few problems with deliveries using these guys over the last 5 years (could count them on one hand) and when I have had problems they have been sorted out very efficiently. It might cost a little more than the budget brigade but confidence in the service is worth that little extra as far as I'm concerned. I have enough to worry about without worrying if people's orders have been lost or damaged because I saved 50p per item.

Duncan B

• Like 1

HERMES UPDATE 2 'Delayed Parcels' :( HERMES Depot I use told me that over 1 M - 1 Million - parcel bar-code's were 'deleted' from their systems about 10 days ago. Hermes shipped all affected parcels to a dedicated location for 'relabelling' ! Hermes hope to have all affected parcels 'out' by the end of the weekend. Fingers Crossed . And.. it takes me about 45 /60 seconds to take a label, cut in half, fold it, then tape it to a parcel :) then x 1M? that is a lot of man hours !!

I find that Hermes price no longer that different to RM. I have gone back to using them and Parcel Force as with Parcel Force you can specify a delivery day, even paying more for this its better for me. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Our main hermes delivery driver is good. Easy on the eye which helps too. 

Ours is good as well, though from talking to people there are quite  few who are not.

3 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Our main hermes delivery driver is good. Easy on the eye which helps too. 

Good, yes, but as ugly a dude as you'd ever see.

He lives near me and my parcels are the last he delivers. Suits us both.

Never had one lost or damaged since he took over

H is getting my parcels to me in about 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

I bought something today which is coming by Hermes, just had the confirmation email they have collected it and is at depot. Sender did 48 hour service.

My delivery girl is good - she has to be cos I act as drop point for several neighbours when covid is not stuffing things up.

I do not shipping with Hermes, thats a slavery company, only refugees and foreigners from near east or Africa are working there, dont speak german, very rude acting, not kind, not friendly, the drivers get so a bad salary, you stay poor although you are hard working there, and parcel services are really hard work, i made a test day in few years back, it was horrible 110 customers a day to delivering, not time for breaks, always in hurry up, fast fast fast.......

Edited by Mike
Removing swearing

I found that Hermes repeatedly make a meal of things I ordered three items on line at the same time not so long back, all of similar nature, size and region of origin, two were to be delivered by Royal Mail and one by Hermes. I tracked the items and within a couple of days the two Royal Mail items had arrived but the Hermes package still had to go to a further THREE of their own internal destinations Maidstone, Rugby, Avonmouth before it was classed as 'out for delivery'.....it took another four days to arrive. No wonder they're struggling!

Used Hermes last week to send a rocking horse to our one year-old great-granddaughter.

7.2 Kg 75cm x 54cm x 50cm for just under £8 , posted Friday with delivery date given as Tuesday , tracking showed it out for delivery on Monday and then changed to being held for 48 hours because of its size , eventually delivered teatime Thursday.

It was a big parcel , bit of a struggle to get it through the back door of the car and it took up half of the back seat space but Hermes were given the size and weight for which they charged me accordingly but suspect that none of their delivery drivers using their own cars and who are pretty badly paid per item delivered were happy to take up most of the room in the car for just one delivery and it had to wait until there was someone with a vehicle big enough.

Got there safe and sound eventually and from the photos and videos sent she loves it but it does seem a rather odd way to run a business where you accept large items but do not necessarily have the resources to deliver them.