YouTube seems to have tuned into my area of interest and thought I'd like to see these videos, I thought you lot may like them too...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Wonderful, Wez @Wez. I see my dayglo Voodoo in the first film ;)

Martin

Yes, I thought you'd like that.

8 hours ago, 71chally said:

It always amazes me that the Skyhawk was evaluated during the same time as the Cutlass and Demon, shows what an advanced concept it was for it's time.

Actually James, I've always thought that the beauty of the Skyhawk's design and the reason for its success and longevity is the simplicity of the design, it could be added to and upgraded easily which is one reason why it's still doing sterling service with Draken International.  The Cutlass, Demon and Skyray provided complicated solutions to problems which ultimately led to them going no further.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 8:47 AM, Wez said:

Actually James, I've always thought that the beauty of the Skyhawk's design and the reason for its success and longevity is the simplicity of the design, it could be added to and upgraded easily which is one reason why it's still doing sterling service with Draken International.  The Cutlass, Demon and Skyray provided complicated solutions to problems which ultimately led to them going no further.

Well, the Demon was the forerunner to the F-4 Phantom. So I feel it actually gave the way to an not so different and better design. The Skyray led to Skylancer and was used by NASA. So albeit an short service life they contributed to better designs...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andre B said:

Well, the Demon was the forerunner to the F-4 Phantom. So I feel it actually gave the way to an not so different and better design. The Skyray led to Skylancer and was used by NASA. So albeit an short service life they contributed to better designs...

"We learn by making mistakes".

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 8:47 AM, Wez said:

Interestingly the Skyhawk is stil used by Brazil and Argentina..

But other than that there nothing similar out there, and actally never was! Why is that?

Hot Rod and able to carry large weapons loads. Athough not very far at that...