Badgers 1/72 Trumpeter Model 1944 T34/85 - Finished!

badger

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

As well you should be! That is some excellent work and really improves the look of the building, well done.

Thank you very much.

Main job left to do on the building is the remaining window frames. Once these are done there's a few small bits whilst I wait for the guttering to arrive.

Plenty to do on the tank though.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

WHOA!!!  I'm cheering all the way...

Go Badger - Go Badger - Go Badger (etc)...

163795430000201.gif

...can you spot me - I'm the one in the middle dropping the pom-pom - I'm off to take the outfit off now though - these knickers are killing me :lol:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, BIG X said:

WHOA!!!  I'm cheering all the way...

Go Badger - Go Badger - Go Badger (etc)...

163795430000201.gif

...can you spot me - I'm the one in the middle dropping the pom-pom - I'm off to take the outfit off now though - these knickers are killing me :lol:

Thanks mate - properly made me chuckle.

Glad you dropped by - hopefully I can manage to entertain you as well.

All the best 

Ben

• Like 1

This is scope creep in action :D With white metal figures I was advised to give them a coat of primer. It helps show any flash and defects that need work, at least one of those figures could be posed in the process of disembarking which would look neat.

Nice work on the building and base too.

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2020 at 01:17, Hewy said:

A smashing little project ben

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

This is scope creep in action :D With white metal figures I was advised to give them a coat of primer. It helps show any flash and defects that need work, at least one of those figures could be posed in the process of disembarking which would look neat.

Nice work on the building and base too.

Thanks chaps - I've been a bit busy with work the last couple of days to do anything worth a photo on this but there has been some minor progress.

@SleeperService - thanks for that. I tend to do much the same in that I'll clean up obvious bits then prime with halfords grey before cleaning up anything extra this shows. Good idea on the disembarking - I might have a couple of figures in the stash that are on the ground which would work nicely and help set the scene.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

Just ordered some appropriate 1/72 German posters from a company called AB Military. 

These will work nicely as I'm planning on at least partially boarding up the lower windows.

• Like 3

Little progress as work is rather busy this week but my posters have arrived.

Deliberately made the photo unusable to protect copyrights etc - in reality they are very well printed and a very reasonable price.

2020-06-25_03-50-31

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 1:18 PM, badger said:

@SleeperService - thanks for that. I tend to do much the same in that I'll clean up obvious bits then prime with halfords grey before cleaning up anything extra this shows. Good idea on the disembarking - I might have a couple of figures in the stash that are on the ground which would work nicely and help set the scene.

You're most Welcome Ben. A couple already on the ground would really work well I think.

Those posters do look good and will bring a dash of colour to the scene.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

You're most Welcome Ben. A couple already on the ground would really work well I think.

Those posters do look good and will bring a dash of colour to the scene.

Coincidentally these arrived today.

2020-06-26_02-16-28

Lots of potential with these and think they will work nicely (may not use them all).

Kind regards

Ben

• Like 4

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 15:53, badger said:

Little progress as work is rather busy this week but my posters have arrived.

Deliberately made the photo unusable to protect copyrights etc - in reality they are very well printed and a very reasonable price.

2020-06-25_03-50-31

All the best

Ben

Hi Ben - those are good looking posters - it will be great to see the results.

Steve

• Thanks 1

On 26/06/2020 at 18:49, PlaStix said:

Absolutely fantastic progress Ben and I do like the idea of the base and scene.

Kind regards,

Stix

23 hours ago, BIG X said:

Hi Ben - those are good looking posters - it will be great to see the results.

Steve

Thanks for looking in chaps 

Sadly not as much progress recently as I would have liked Stix but I've tried to remedy this tonight.

Posters look really good Steve and he does them in 1/35 as well.

Quite a lot of work on the tank - running gear is now finished. I had to drill out all the holes on the sprocket as they were flashed over quite badly. Got some of the stowage boxes on and started the fuel drums.

20200627_215221 20200627_215217

I've then done some on the building - door is finished with a knob added from a water filter ball. I've started one of the upstairs window frames - bit more to do on it still.

20200627_215158

More soon

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looks superb so far ben

Thanks Hewy

Tonight has been spent adding the various grab handles. Many of these Trumpeter mould as a raised line, so these were carved off.

I then drilled a 0.4mm hole at each end of the handle location, bent some appropriately sized beading wire with tweezers and inserted it into the holes. A dab of superglue and jobs a good un!

A bit rough in places but far better than the raised lines or hugely thick handles the kit provided.

20200628_212914

To end the session I did a bit more on the fuel drums and added the headlight and horn. Not much more to do on it now.

20200628_212908

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

Superb job  ben, at this scale you've got the details bang on , if i may, what do you think of the photo  etch tracks for the  72nd revell 34/85  kit ,😋,   just wondering, its just that i reckon you know your 72nd onions 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Superb job  ben, at this scale you've got the details bang on , if i may, what do you think of the photo  etch tracks for the  72nd revell 34/85  kit ,😋,   just wondering, its just that i reckon you know your 72nd onions 👍

Hi Hewy 

Thanks for that. I have got "a few" 1/72 kits (approx 500-600). 

Personally I wouldn't use etch tracks on the Revell T-34/85. I've built 2 and have a 3rd in the stash and the kit tracks are fine. Photo etch doesn't seem to have the same weight or thickness.

If you do want to replace them - try OKB Grigorov. Hands down the best aftermarket tracks in 1/72.

All the best

Ben

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Cheers ben ,to be fair the kit ones dont look bad just pondering 

They're pretty decent as I recall (although it's been a few years since I built mine. 

Far nicer than the horrible vinyl ones Trumpeter provide! Not sure what I'm going to do about mine at the moment. The kit is not really worth the expense of an OKB set so they may have to do unless I nick the Revell ones from my recovery tank kitbash.

All the best

Ben

As there are no ready made commercial signs of the correct size to fit my building, I have spent a couple of hours this morning creating some in various colour combinations.

I'll decide on the final choice once I have the building painted

2020-06-29_02-08-01

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

Lots of small bits of progress tonight.

Finished off the fuel drums on the tank and added the remaining parts, so with the exception of tow cables it's now complete.

20200629_214121

On the building I added a gutter from half round styrene rod with lead foil brackets.

20200629_214114

Finally I cleaned up the first of the tank riders.

The main job left to do is finishing off the window frames so I'll get on that next time.

More soon

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

Having a bit of a play around with figures this morning got me to this

20200630_092857 20200630_092917

I'm pretty happy with that and the running figures add a nice sense of motion as well as filling up the empty spots.

Off to clean up 8 more figures

Back soon

Ben

• Like 3

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

This is going to look fantastic Ben.

Thanks MM.

Tank has now been primed but the rain stopped me being able to get paint on it sadly.

More soon - really need to pull my finger out and get those window frames finished off!!