RIAT 2019 Harrier Patch

WV908

Hi all. Has anyone had any luck contacting En Corta Final to purchase one of their RIAT 2019 Harrier Patches?

They said at RIAT last year that the patches would be up on the website as soon as they returned to Spain but they have never appeared on the website and despite them telling numerous people to contact them on WhatsApp it looks like no-one has ever even got a reply. 

Alternately, does anyone have one of these patches that they would happily sell?

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

Hmmm no, 

You talk about this one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL11DxcB9VU-_YXfQoXvS

We need decals in 48th by the way!

have a look here:

https://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178568

or maybe worth asking here:

https://escuadrones.es/epages/ec5633.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ec5633/Categories/ESCUADRONESALAS/"9 ESCUADRILLA"

Hi @exdraken

Yeah that's the patch - I was at RIAT last year but only went on the Sunday so I missed the boat with the Harrier Patches. I have finally been able to contact the people who made them so I'm hoping one can be winging my way soon enough.

I know this scheme is being done in 1/72 and when I asked the guys doing the decals if they would scale it up to 1/48 I was told no as someone else was doing them. That was in October.... No sign yet sadly. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

A bit long in tooth now, but the patches are finally available through their Facebook page - I ended up getting three so all of us in my usual RIAT troop have one :)

@exdraken As an addition to this, there are finally decals available in 1/48! 

They are from a company called 'Series Espanolas' - Google that name plus 'decals' and you'll find their website.

First thing to note is for the shipping, UK is Reino Unido 

Second thing is that including postage they are £16. I have ordered so I'll see if / when the decals turn up and report back.

Cheers,

WV908

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, WV908 said:

@exdraken As an addition to this, there are finally decals available in 1/48! 

They are from a company called 'Series Espanolas' - Google that name plus 'decals' and you'll find their website.

First thing to note is for the shipping, UK is Reino Unido 

Second thing is that including postage they are £16. I have ordered so I'll see if / when the decals turn up and report back.

Cheers,

WV908

indeed :)

https://series-espanolas.com/en/107-air-tatoo-2019-harrier-av-8b-plus-9ª-escuadrilla

se2048-air-tatoo-2019-harrier-av-8b-plus

and even include an altnerative marling proposal that unfortuanetly did not make it ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decals have arrived - only had a quick glance so far (had to go home at lunch to walk the dog). Will have a proper look at them tonight 

Cheers,

WV908

No complaints here! These are gorgeous print quality and well worth the money. I was tempted to buy two sets but I saw 01-925 fly at Farnborough the year before it's RIAT visit, so I'll be doing that 'plain' and 01-914 with the RIAT tail.

PXL_20210521_162008401.NIGHT

PXL_20210521_162538715.NIGHT

Cheers,

WV908

Edit: As a note, 01-925 went tech on the second day of the Farnborough public show, so 01-917 was pulled off of display and flown on the Sunday, but I only did the Saturday sadly.

We also nearly didn't get the pairs display at RIAT as 01-914 had a brake fire on arrivals day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WV908 said:

No complaints here! These are gorgeous print quality and well worth the money. I was tempted to buy two sets but I saw 01-925 fly at Farnborough the year before it's RIAT visit, so I'll be doing that 

Edit: As a note, 01-925 went tech on the second day of the Farnborough public show, so 01-917 was pulled off of display and flown on the Sunday, but I only did the Saturday sadly.

We also nearly didn't get the pairs display at RIAT as 01-914 had a brake fire on arrivals day.

Wow, great!

Seems the Harrier is difficult to operate after all....

The Armada just got a replacement two-seater from the USMC... but their fleet generally is very small!

I guess sending two to RIAY means having anither 2-3 serviceable one at Rota...

• Like 1