The Ultimate Spitfire ?

Trumpeter Spiteful in 1/48. I liked it, the cockpit was a bit strange, the seat looked more like 1/72 scale, but I replaced it with another from the spares box, as it is you cant see much through the canopy anyway. I pre shaded this but all evidence disappeared beneath the top coats, Im using Vallejo air paints with no thinners, should I be thinning down and if so what sort of ratio should I use ?

y4mVzSGAACm_rxiwpDm_qvnBqj8ASYWbbLRQwkxt

y4m6wFc5_9ahhbeLlGfIWqYC0esveuMDW8R56nqg

y4mh_RF1E8Q_9VcZtCzk9U3438u17UT9nHaoyebA

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Nice mate.

In regards Vallejo I presume you're using Model Air as opposed to Model Color?

I use the Model Air 5 parts paint and add 2 parts Vallejo Flow Improver (no thinner) through my airbursh at around 11-13 psi.

Works nicely.

If you want more panel lines visible then apply thin layers of paint and don't cover the black lines - paint inside the riveted areas.

At the end do a light covering over the black lines to dampen it down a bit to your desired level.

I'm no expert but I'm doing my first pre-shading and I'm quite happy so far - touch wood!

Neat and nice Spiteful!

The prop is an abomination (not your fault!) – Trumpy's designer has apparently never seen a prop blade and noted that it is twisted. 😉

The jury is out about the merits of 'pre-shading'…

Good work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

30 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Neat and nice Spiteful!

The prop is an abomination (not your fault!) – Trumpy's designer has apparently seen a prop blade and noted that it is twisted. 😉

The jury is out about the merits of 'pre-shading'…

Good work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Trumpeters spinner is an odd shape too , perhaps better replaced with a late Griffon Spitfire prop and spinner. 

• Like 1