1/72 Sea King HAS.5

4scourge7

What are the options for getting this version in 1/72?

It has been asked before, but the options were very limited then, has anything changed?

Has anything new come along? Is there an option to convert an existing Sea King kit in 72nd scale into HAS.5?

TIA

Ian

Edited by 4scourge7

Surprises me that given the wide range of accessories that one can get for aircraft I`ve never heard of, one can`t get a decent Sea King HAS.5, or a Lynx Wildcat.

That`s it!! I`m getting out my green crayon and writing to Airfix again!!!! 

`Dear Sir/Madam

Why, oh why...etc.....`

😀😀😀

Airwaves did a update to HAS5 standard, much of which is in the Revell HAS6 ,small aerial under cockpit S/B side ,ECM jammer on nose Port side main difference, interior totally different. 

Edited by Grizzly

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Airwaves did a update to HAS5 standard, much of which is in the Revell HAS6 ,small aerial under cockpit S/B side ,ECM jammer on nose Port side main difference, interior totally different. 

That was actually the C Scale white metal set designed for the old Airfix kit, which I don't think appeared under the Airwaves label, as it was superceded when Revell issued their kit in AEW.2/HAS.6 form - and also when Airfix re-did theirs with an additional sprue for the limited edition HAR.5 boxing...

1 hour ago, 4scourge7 said:

Thanks folks, I guess I will have to sit and wait for an HAS.5, or get weally, WEALLY good at scratchbuilding. 😀

Or just pick up a Revell kit when one's available - such as now: https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1906208827

If the under-size sponsons are a big issue to you, there are Whirlybird resin replacements - otherwise, the only thing that really needs sorting is reducing the Sea Searcher radome's height, which is quite simple to do...

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I have Boxings under both labels, same company. 

I stand corrected; I'd thought the HAS.5 was one of the C Scale range that Airwaves hadn't re-issued after E.D. Models took it over - but now I've even found one online:

spacer.png

Edited by andyf117