Architectural Figures

Lewis95

Good Evening all, 

Has anybody ever used architectural figures for populating aircraft or dioramas etc? 

I'm considering using a pack of 1/76 seated ones with a few projects as well as a bunch of 1/150s in an airliner. 

Any good at all? 

I used a couple of 1.100 figures on my 1.96 FROG Comet. They cost a couple of pounds for a pack of 100 from that internet auction site. They work, but only to a point. They are only approximations of humans with next to no detailing, just a general shape. A bit of paint helps.

They give a sense of scale without distracting from the model, which is what I wanted. If you are after fine detail these won't work though. 

IMG-9877.jpg

4 hours ago, TonyW said:

They give a sense of scale without distracting from the model, which is what I wanted. If you are after fine detail these won't work though. 

No, I'm not after fine detail on them. I just want to populate my aircraft. Nothing feels worse for me than a "flying" (ceiling suspended) aircraft with no crew on board. I've recently managed to acquire a host of Airfix pilot spares from a friend which will go a long way but with a 9 man bomber on the way (if the relief crew area is modelled then there will be more) I think my stash will be burnt through pretty soon.