I see that it's only eight days since I posted my last RFI. Damn this furlough!

This one started when I was cleaning up the garage and found an old Butane lighter. I immediately thought, hover bike. So here we are....

t0HFPeL.jpg

I made up a small diorama to put things into perspective. The main body is the old lighter, that's a Christmas tree bauble as an anti grav generator and Yamaha forks at the front.

KGrgPlO.jpg

The panniers are the fuel tanks (there's a gauge on this one) and there are airbrakes on them too for steering. The rear spoiler is ex Porsche 911. Front winglets are ex Lysander.

dxZeYeS.jpg

The figures are from Tamiya pit crew sets. The sunglasses on the rider took ages to do as they were so fiddly. His dispatch case is off a large Harley model.

For the camo I daubed two shades of green onto the white primer and then used Humbrol Maskol to roughly cover them. 

A couple of coats of home made sand yellow later and as I started to remove the Maskol it took the yellow with it down to the primer in places.

As this would have been built from lightweight materials and not steel, there is none of the usual kreiger rust. So the peeled paint cancels out the lack of oxidation.

lFs0NB8.jpg

These were front forks on a Yamaha. That manifold in the centre channels bled off engine thrust up them and out of the front to help to slow this thing down, along with the airbrakes.

The headlights are ex 1/76th Panzer, wing mirror from the spares box and by the manifold the odd shaped block contains the drivers instrument screen.

7W1ZrWk.jpg

The strap on the drivers dispatch case is copper wire. I used large pliers to 'texture' it. The camo sheet is tissue wrapped around scrap wood. Fuel filler caps are home made.

81n7M1z.jpg

On the RH side. Not sure what the bulge in front of the pannier is for, or the pipes under it. But it felt right just there. The footrest (on both sides) is mounted on an engine access panel.

wCuI75I.jpg

The rider was wearing a baseball cap. the helmet is Milliput. There is a green pistol holster and a small intake on this side.

WAdgmkY.jpg

The anti grav ball is the same size as that on a Falke. That uses P-38 turbo superchargers to exhaust the gases. Here I've used a Yamaha

(or Harley, I can't remember) drive shaft set up instead.

hM0nBdj.jpg

The back end with the jet nozzle. It's probably ex space ship but I'm not sure what. 

MNUvOFt.jpg

A close up of the RH side shows up the holster. It's just laminated plastic card. Markings are from the decal spares box, weathering is all my own work.

Many thanks for looking. I always welcome your comments. I enjoyed the build and look forward to the next, (probably another kreiger, sigh).

If you missed it, the build is in the Sci fi WIP section.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 17

6 hours ago, Buff Manila said:

I can hear the noise it makes,

I think that would be the problem with most of the kreiger designs, noise and heat signature on the battlefield.

Thanks for looking in, comments are always very welcome.

• Like 1

I nearly missed this one Pete.

Very nice work but I think you missed a trick. If you'd put the rider facing the other way and left the fuel in the lighter, for an extra burst of speed to escape danger, he could have farted and pressed the ignition!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1