Begineer airbrush

Chr15

Have looked through the previous posts but still struggling to find an airbrush. Is it best to get one that can do most things or 2 that one can do fine details then the other for large spraying of aircraft. Also if using many colours is it easier to use siphon feed air brush or is there a better selection of gravity feed ones.

It depends a lot on your budget. 

I found this series (that someone else on here recommended) to be very useful. If you watch all the videos you should have a much clearer idea of what you need.

No problem.

From a personal perspective I have two Iwata airbrushes. One single action (Iwata Revolution M-2) and one double action (Iwata Eclipse CS). Some will say that you shouldn't bother with a single action and I used to believe that. However since I got the single action I have used it far more than the double. In the end, as I said above, it depends on your budget and what you are painting. A double action gives you a lot more control but is harder to master. The single is great for coverage. Much easier and (for me) quicker to use and clean. BTW I paint with acrylic.

I would suggest starting with a good double action from one of the main manufacturers and then taking it from there. You will need a compressor as well.

I only mention Iwata because that is what I use. I suspect that the main manufactures are all more or less as good as each other. Iwata are just what I started with and have stuck with them. I often think about trying another brand but there is always something else that uses up my budget.

Yeah have had a look through and still clueless on what to get, guess just depends on the price and what's on offer at the moment as will probably only end up building a few models a year due to work.

21 minutes ago, Chr15 said:

Yeah have had a look through and still clueless on what to get, guess just depends on the price and what's on offer at the moment as will probably only end up building a few models a year due to work.

Chris, Drop me an email at [email protected]  & I can probably help to point you in the right direction.

Paul