F-94B Starfire Hobbycraft 1/48

Hi guys,

A while ago I bought a second-hand kit online an was surprised to see this kit in the box too, the guy wanted to get rid of it I think. I too was not really interested in it, I thought it was best to throw it in the bin. But after a while I thought maybe it's nice to use it a weekend project(which became weeks off course..).

Except for the decals it is straight OOB, the kit decal were the worst I've ever seen, I used a set from Expert choice. Which were also given for free from a fellow modeller from the US.

Hope you like it, not a masterpiece but just a fuss-free build of this important Cold war jet.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Erik

• Like 25

4 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

More proof that a Hobbycraft kit can be turned into a great looking model!   Well done indeed Erik. :clap2:  I would be interested in what paint you used as well. 😀

Hi Gary, thanks for your nice comment :)

I've used AK extreme metals paint, very easy to use stuff! Have used 3 tones, aluminium, dark aluminium and duralumin for the tail area.

Thanks for the comments all!!

Erik

• Like 1

Wow, that is stunning! It's quite basic kit but looking at your build it looks anything but basic :)

I have the same kit in stash, most likely need to get some decals for it. Oh, and the canopy is bit messed up - so it might have to wait in the stash for a while longer. But Im glad I got to enjoy your build in the meanwhile :)

• Like 1