Hi mates,

I finished this one a few days ago, one of my favourite planes.

This model from Special Hobby is very nice detailed, with almost a very good fitting, and came with nice PE from Eduard.

I added some scratch and wires and some rivets with my Trumpeter's riveting wheel.

I enjoyed it a lot and I hope you like it...

Cheers

Ricardo

112127-10263-pristine.jpg

A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM A-20G Havoc 1/72 MPM

• Like 41

2 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Very nice work! How did you paint/weather the invasion stripes on top of the wings?

Thanks,

I simply add less paint, a very thin layer so I I'd been able to scratch it with a hard brush to remove some areas. 

Then I adde some small paint tips of white and camouflage color.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very convincing weathering.  At first I thought the combination of worn, filthy airframe and un-weathered propellers was strange but then I looked back at the photo with the aircrew squatting with the maps and saw that the original looked like this also, so clearly it had had new props fitted.

AW

• Like 1

Gee thanks Ricardo.  I tried this kit and became so frustrated that I gave up.  Here you present a masterpiece while I beat myself up for tossing it aside.  :banghead:.  I commend you for such a beautifully executed A-20.  :worthy:

I am certainly not worthy.

Mike

• Like 1

thanks mates

12 hours ago, Andwil said:

Very convincing weathering.  At first I thought the combination of worn, filthy airframe and un-weathered propellers was strange but then I looked back at the photo with the aircrew squatting with the maps and saw that the original looked like this also, so clearly it had had new props fitted.

AW

the true is that I forgot to weather a bit the props 😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aces High said:

That's superb, you've captured the "well used" look perfectly. Is the yellow thing behind the cockpit a dinghy in case of landing in the soup?

thanks. I don't have it very clear, but I think so yes, it's an inflatable boat.

17 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Gee thanks Ricardo.  I tried this kit and became so frustrated that I gave up.  Here you present a masterpiece while I beat myself up for tossing it aside.  :banghead:.  I commend you for such a beautifully executed A-20.  :worthy:

I am certainly not worthy.

Mike

Thank you. Yes, that's the "almost a good fit" I say in the top of the post. It's really hard to get aligned and fitted the wings with engines nacelle, and the fuselage all together. My way was: glue one gap one day, the next day, other, and so on. And when I have it glued fill with putty and sand and reescribe the lost lines... so sure its not a perfect fit...

Ricardo

• Thanks 1

Hi Ricardo, 

As a regular manufacturer of AFVs in 1/35, I still usually go through this section because I love planes, and this time yours is the one in the lead ... lol.
I remember doing a Matchbox Havoc at 1/72 a long time ago, and I wish it would have been like yours.
It's just the style I'd like to do if I were to make planes again.
Magnificent result.
Saludos Ricardo y a cuidarse.
Francis.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ricardo, 

As a regular manufacturer of AFVs in 1/35, I still usually go through this section because I love planes, and this time yours is the one in the lead ... lol.
I remember doing a Matchbox Havoc at 1/72 a long time ago, and I wish it would have been like yours.
It's just the style I'd like to do if I were to make planes again.
Magnificent result.
Saludos Ricardo y a cuidarse.
Francis.👍

Thanks mate! Saludos

R.

I wanted to share here the beautiful work from Mr. Hudson, an inspiring work for me. This one is from the top level, the most beautiful A-20 model I ever seen...

Ricardo

On 6/10/2020 at 5:22 AM, Rikywarbirds said:

Hi mates,

I finished this one a few days ago, one of my favourite planes.

I think it just became one of my favourites - that's an absolutely stunning piece of work!

You totally captured the heavily worn and weathered look of so many allied "twins" in wartime.

The kind of perfection I'll keep aiming at, if never quite getting there! 🙄

👍👍👍

• Like 1