Cartoon Beatles

Ratch

Just about to start these Polar Lights' Beatles and AMT/Ertl Yellow Submarine
49988311008_31a9f53beb_z.jpg
I don't usually touch subs, but for this I'll make an exception.

• Like 8

Working on John firstly: Parts were cleaned as they were removed from the runners and any filling required was done upon assembly. 
49992309977_0ab21c8233_z.jpg
Each sub-assembly is being painted prior to final assembly. I like the way the parts fit together; nothing subtle but very solid.
49992309952_f6a169b445_z.jpg
Paul is progressing in a similar manner.
49992309932_6decf11a16_z.jpg

• Like 8

Now this is interesting Ratch,I've never seen this set in full but did notice KK had one of the figures for donkey's year's a great subject for those of us of 

"an age",look forward to progress.

• Thanks 1

Shame about the Tuba Ratch not an easy piece to come by either unlike ship,aircraft parts etc, born in 1960 with a brother eleven year's older of course

the Beatles music was always a memory of my childhood,I   seem to be building Airfix's whole back catalogue in the kit you built as a kid GB but tried

my hardest to get a Monkeymobile for a reasonable price as I loved the TV show and collected the bubble gum cards etc...

• Like 1

I had a bit of a problem with Ringo's hand. I think I'd laid the paint down too thickly, and it was peeling off like sunburnt skin :wall:
50017233427_b024fb10b5_z.jpg
So I sanded it back and re-painted, along with other colours.
50017233402_cef68c71a6_z.jpg

Yellow Submarine had the upper areas and rudder sprayed white.
50016972041_a989584215_z.jpg

• Like 1

And Ringo completes the line up
50065602422_ef7ac880f1_z.jpg
Let me introduce to you, the act you've known for all these years, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
50065343441_4000717de3_z.jpg
The Beatles
50065343546_8e26d890ce_z.jpg

• Like 7

Nicely put together Ratch. As an undoubtedly conventional youngster/near teen, I wasn't impressed when those nice clean living, fun loving lads that gave us such cool films as "Hard Days Night" & "Help", suddenly went all weird & freeky. :D Being in the doldrums on the other side of the world didn't help any either, it were a long way away from the action. :(  I do like the way you've put these together though, they've come up a treat. :) 

Steve.

• Like 3

'...and the band began to play...' Very nice work! It's been ages since I've seen 'Yellow Submarine' - need to find it on iTunes.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1