AZmodel 1/72 DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 - WP860 - No. 12 AEF Turnhouse

26 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Maybe in time I suspect they’d do what they did with the Tiger- 1/72 first then gauge how sales go then on to 1/48...

That would be logical, I suppose.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

That’s a great job!

I would pull the trigger on an AZ one (have you seen the price of the Airfix ones on eBay lately!) but I’ve a sneaky feeling Airfix will do a new tool one soon! 

TT

Thanks very much,

I'm not sure that Airfix will reissue or retool it. My reasoning being that I waited for years for a new 1/72 Vulcan and no sooner had I finished the old one then Airfix dropped the news of the new one and they haven't done it this time.

As you can see I'm very certain of my importance to the Universe😉.

Cheers,

Alistair

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking very nice to me, great work and s lovely Chipmunk.

All the best

Chris

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, woody37 said:

Lovely build, I think there's a lot on here who have been inspired by time in Chippies, me included :)

Hi There,

It surely hold a special place in my heart.

Cheers,

Alistair

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:07 AM, jackroadkill said:

I'd love a new-tooled Airfix kit...  in 1/48!  What are the chances?!

I have been bugging Airfix to create a new tool Chipmunk in 1/48 every time I get the chance (via their website).   It just seems like the logical fit.   I think it would be like printing money for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don said:

I have been bugging Airfix to create a new tool Chipmunk in 1/48 every time I get the chance (via their website).   It just seems like the logical fit.   I think it would be like printing money for them.

I'd certainly spring for more than one.

Just now, Truro Model Builder said:

Superb little Chippie. Just as I remember my first flight :goodjob:.

And another vote here for an Airfix 1/48 Chipmunk.

Thanks so much for that.

Cheers,

Alistair

3 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I'd certainly spring for more than one.

You and me both!   I love this little airplane and Alistair did a sunning job on his.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Don said:

It must be. How many ex-ATC cadets could resist one?  I couldn’t, especially a really good Airfix version. It would be my teenage years all over again. 

• Thanks 1

Your model brings back memories of my first flight in cadets, waddling out with the parachute on after watching jump Johnny jump!

You have done a wonderful job on the kit, always nice when you can model an aircraft you flew in 😊

I have just found that I can get some transfers for the first 'live' aircraft I worked on at Cosford, XW370, a Jet Provost T5. Still remember being petrified standing in front of what seemed a big aircraft as it started up and I mashalled it off, then I was posted to Lyneham on Hercs, soon found out what a big aircraft really was 😆

Thanks for the memories

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Angell328 said:

Your model brings back memories of my first flight in cadets, waddling out with the parachute on after watching jump Johnny jump!

You have done a wonderful job on the kit, always nice when you can model an aircraft you flew in 😊

I have just found that I can get some transfers for the first 'live' aircraft I worked on at Cosford, XW370, a Jet Provost T5. Still remember being petrified standing in front of what seemed a big aircraft as it started up and I mashalled it off, then I was posted to Lyneham on Hercs, soon found out what a big aircraft really was 😆

Thanks for the memories

Matt

Hi There,

Thanks very much. I remember only too well the shock of the parachute waddle.

At the time i was about 4ft. 10" so climbing in to the Chippie with that on made rather a comical sight. Lots of laughter from the rest of the flight. Not that I thought it was funny at the time.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1