Trumpeter 1:48 MiG-3 Late Version

This is said to be the aircraft of Capt. A.V. Schopov, of 6 IAP, 6 IAK (Fighter Air Corps), IA-PVO (Moscow Air Defence), winter 1941/42. There is no known photo of the aircraft. The box top shows gun pods under the wings but none are in the kit so that’s how its depicted. I’ve read that these pods were often removed by the ground crews as they weren’t liked. The pods were removed shortly before I took the photos. The writing on the sides say, “For Stalin” if Google Translate is to be believed. Also, a family portrait of the MiG-3 Early Version I did a while ago. The bottom was painted with Aqueous Hobby Color H67 RLM65. The top was Airbrushed with Vallejo White Primer and dry-brushed with Tamiya XF-58 Olive Green

blackadder57_200608_5edebbce43642.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbce79236.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbceaf5fc.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbcee7333.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbcf27247.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbce029b5.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbcf5ac89.jpg

blackadder57_200608_5edebbcf9180d.jpg

• Like 20

Great looking MiG and I like the suitably ‘grotty’ scheme too. The early example looks very interesting too.

I built the early version many years ago and found that it was literally a shake and bake kit.

Trevor

Edited by Max Headroom
Predictive Texas
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Very cool! 😎 That's a great looking MiG! :clap2:  I have that kit in my stash and your build is a great inspiration for me.

Thank you gentlemen Take your time around the front end as they are a bit of a pain to line up

23 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Thank you gentlemen Take your time around the front end as they are a bit of a pain to line up

Good to know. I have one of these as well.  At one time I had an idea to build every mig I could lay my hands on...haven’t gotten very far.   Great build.  

• Thanks 1