RECCE FORCE, M3A1 STUART 1/35 ITALERI

On 12/06/2020 at 12:02, Dads203 said:

Stunning work once more Francis, again some superb work on show :thumbsup:

Hi Dan,

many thanks for your like and kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 20:49, Buzby061 said:

Very nice indeed. I might get the Airfix re-box which doesn't have the interior, I feel I need a Stuart in my collection.

Pete

Hi Pete,

many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, after all, it doesn't look too much, once finished, I will really like to see how yours looks.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 14/06/2020 at 11:00, diablo rsv said:

That's turned out very well indeed Francis. It looked like an enjoyable kit to work on, I am looking forward to building my Honey version after watching your progress with this one.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

many thanks for your kind comments, 'm glad you like it. 

I think yes, it is a fairly simple kit to build, any skillful modeler can make the most of the model.
I would really like to see your Honey.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 19:06, Ernst said:

Outstanding Francis, especially given the short time-frame in which you achieved this. I really like all those gradients. well done. Cheers, Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I really wanted to do something, and this, although with a fairly decent interior, is a small kit, with a good fit and practically OOB, anyway doing calculations, I think it took me about a month to have it finished, I'm definitely not "the fastest south of the Mississippi ...:cowboy:", lol.
Cheers and TC👍

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 19:28, Ceithearn said:

Francis you've put up many great builds, this may be the best. The subtle dustings around the rivets, the slight rust forming in certain locations, some worn, exposed metal which hasn't rusted yet, faded paint, the tow cable is really well done. I could go on but you have the point, very nice presentation and build quality.

Thanks for posting and all the great photos. Gives us mere mortal average builders something to strive for 😉

Look forward to the next project, sooner rather than later please 🙃

Take care and all the best,

R.

Hi R.

Many thanks for your kind words and like, i'm glad you like it.

It is always a pleasure to be able to share something with others, and receive feedback, good or bad (better good, of course ... lol), because it encourages us to continue building and then sharing the result.
You are more than kind, as a mere mortal that I am, I aspire to be something more, for the moment I am in the process ... lol
There is a lot of great modeling everywhere, they are very hard to reach ... I'm on it ... lol
I really want to do something else, but with this hot weather (the heat is here ... lol), and everything about the CV-19, added to personal circumstances, means that if I think twice, I don't dare with a new kit, for fear of ruining it.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, Keeff said:

Nice build and finish Francis!  I'm taking note of all this subtle weathering! 🤣

Keith  😁

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad you like it.

As an orientation, these two tanks, the LEE and the STUART, have a more subtle weathering, because for the LEE, I chose a scheme from a training school, and not in real operational theater, and the STUART, if it was in combat, but I read that the vehicle in question was knocked out early, so it didn't have time to get too dirty. In any case, my taste is the most pronounced and worn weathering, if you see some of my other models (especially the Soviet ones), or my first model, an Oldie Panther in white... you will notice that although they are much dirtier, They tend to be somewhat plausible, and it will depend a lot on where the vehicle is immersed...if we also add a little artistic license...voila!...lol🙃

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carius said:

You have done another excellent work my friend. Weathering and Paint job até spot on.

TC 

Cesar

Hi Cesar, 

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis :cheers:

• Like 1