Here's my 1/48 A-4C, built for the In The Navy group build. Build thread is here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235072127-a-pair-of-skyhawks/

It's finished as BuNo 147781 of VX-5 in 1965, using Two Bobs decals. This Skyhawk was used by the Naval Air Test Center at China Lake for weapons testing so it needed something under a wing - I found a photo of it carrying an orange and black AGM-62 Walleye so used a Daco resin Walleye. Unfortunately the same photo revealed one error in my model - it didn't have a refuelling probe. I also got the alignment of the 'China Lake' decals on the fin wrong, which I realised too late to fix!

1/48 A-4C

1/48 A-4C

1/48 A-4C

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 14

A very distinctive model as the colors aren't your typical Skyhawk scheme. Very well built and if you hadn't pointed out the errors no one would have noticed. A commendable build.

• Thanks 1

Love it! I've got all of the AeroResearch A-4 Skyhawk picture CDs and there are some great China Lake and testing schemes included, I've been meaning to do one for a while - I hope if turns out as well as yours.

• Thanks 1