Two completely unrelated questions...

mackem01

So lying awake early this morning and my mind starts wandering. I finally settle on these two conundrums:

1/ Texan IIc's operated by 72 squadron, RAF - do they have or will they be painted with 72's colours?

2/ And the most wierd, what colour were

The Elsan toilets in RAF WWII heavies?

Help me put my mind at rest!

There was another brand that were painted light blue. I remember staying for the six week summer holidays in 1970 in a caravan outside Newhaven and for some reason I remember the pale blue chemical toilet. Chemical toilets have given me the heeby jeebies ever since.

13 minutes ago, AltcarBoB said:

I remember staying for the six week summer holidays in 1970 in a caravan outside Newhaven and for some reason I remember the pale blue chemical toilet. Chemical toilets have given me the heeby jeebies ever since.

sure that wasn't just Newhaven? ...it still gives me the heeby jeebies now.... :frantic:

• Haha 2

To be honest I don't remember much about the time I was only 4. The potty though still makes me cringe.

We were down in Newhaven because my Dad who was in the Customs and Excise was temporarily transferred from Liverpool docks to Newhaven harbour. Probably to cover the holiday rush on the ferries. So 2 adults and 4 kids spent 6 hot and sunny weeks in a not very big caravan. 😷

I remember puzzling the colour of the Elsan when I was building the Airfix Wellington as Airfix gave no colour call out. Think I was told here Aluminium. How did they find it at night if it was the same colour as the rest of the interior?

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:29 AM, mackem01 said:

So lying awake early this morning and my mind starts wandering. I finally settle on these two conundrums:

1/ Texan IIc's operated by 72 squadron, RAF - do they have or will they be painted with 72's colours?

Help me put my mind at rest!

Strangely I was thinking that yesterday too!, saw some photos of the whole fleet on another forum and no markings yet it appears, I hope they do gain them at some point.

8 hours ago, dalea said:

I remember puzzling the colour of the Elsan when I was building the Airfix Wellington as Airfix gave no colour call out. Think I was told here Aluminium. How did they find it at night if it was the same colour as the rest of the interior?

They followed the scent trail?

Chris

• Haha 1