1:48 Martin Maryland

Hi All,

Here's my attempt at Special Hobby's Martin Maryland, presented as AH284 of 39 Sqn RAF, North Africa 1942. I do not have any reference pics for the aircraft in the desert scheme as presented, so it's a bit of a 'what if'. I fought this kit kicking and screaming through the latter stages, and found it all a bit of a struggle with poorly fitting parts (particularly the engines). Here's the WIP thread :

Despite all the trials and tribulations I'm not displeased with the final result - it has undeniable 'shelf presence' and I'm glad I gave it a crack. Anyway, here she is - comments and critique welcome as ever:

20200608-111208.jpg

20200608-111228.jpg

20200608-111239.jpg

20200608-111244.jpg

20200608-111304.jpg

Here's a couple of shots with a Blenheim for scale:

20200608-111443.jpg

20200608-111501.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Roger

• Like 38

1 hour ago, Nachtwulf said:

I would be pleased with that as well! Nicely done!:worthy:

Thanks for the kind words!

2 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Very nicely done! Bravo!

Thank you sir!

12 minutes ago, Blackmike said:

That's a lovely model, Dunny - you've every right to feel pleased about it. Well done!

Thanks Mike!

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That is very nice indeed. It's turned out well despite your problems.👍

Cheers Vinnie - much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, AltcarBoB said:

Looks great. Only slight thing that came to my eye the paint job looks a little bright though that might be the light or the camera. 

Thanks @AltcarBoB. I think it is light/camera. It actually looks pretty faded in natural light - maybe I'll try some daylight shots. Watch this space!

Cheers,

Roger 

• Like 1

Photographing models is difficult. I have tried two different phones and a compact camera. I tried lights and daylight various backgrounds but the pictures never look quite right.

1 minute ago, AltcarBoB said:

Photographing models is difficult. I have tried two different phones and a compact camera. I tried lights and daylight various backgrounds but the pictures never look quite right.

@AltcarBoB as you can tell my studio is the kitchen - the photography is via a Samsung S10 (not bad for a phone!). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Very nice and congratulations for seeing the build through. It's a clean and attractive build.

Thank you sir!

Looks great, Roger, and your paintwork is superb.  I have this kit in may stash and will have to check out your in-progress thread.   Your comments here about the fit, etc., have me worried!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

Great looking Maryland Dunny - I had one of these once and got rid - too difficult! - So well done for getting it done and a pleasing result.

Cheers

Malcolm 

• Thanks 1

It looks fabulous and the desert scheme really suits it,..... a wonderful partner for your equally nice Blenheim,.....nice one!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Great build of an aircraft that doesn't, in my view, get enough credit for the work it did in the Med and North Africa.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks @Bangor Lad - much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Very neat job on the Maryland, very nice modelling !

Wulfman

9 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Looks great, Roger, and your paintwork is superb.  I have this kit in may stash and will have to check out your in-progress thread.   Your comments here about the fit, etc., have me worried!

Cheers,

Mark

9 hours ago, Baldy said:

Great looking Maryland Dunny - I had one of these once and got rid - too difficult! - So well done for getting it done and a pleasing result.

Cheers

Malcolm 

9 hours ago, Roberto said:

Not an often seen aircraft...well done.

8 hours ago, mick b said:

Excellent result Roger and in such a short time? Nice to see these unusual subjects completed to such a high standard 👍

Mike

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

It looks fabulous and the desert scheme really suits it,..... a wonderful partner for your equally nice Blenheim,.....nice one!

Cheers

Tony

3 hours ago, RMCS said:

Excellent 

Thanks for all the kind words gents - much appreciated!

• Like 1