Hi all

Hope you are all well and still able to stay safe.  I have been working on this.  Quite a nice Kit but some test fitting and fettling is needed when assembling due to the short run nature of the kit.  The model is of the Mk V and is built with the addition of Seatbelts from the scrap box, throttle levers in the cockpit. The engine has benefitted from the addition of Pushrod tubes and ignition Harnesses otherwise apart from that little lot and aerial wires it is built OOB.  Brush painted in Humbrol enamels as usual and an oil wash for the panel lines.  Exhaust staining is weathering powders and chipping is silver, pewter and normal pencils.

I enjoyed this one and it the first to be finished from my new workbench in the new Mancave.  I have included an image which shows the next two near to the finish line.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking I hope it is of interest.

All the best

Chris

• Like 24

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Post reported to Mods as I placed in the wrong section, Doh !!!

Div'na fret pet.  Everyone's allowed a :doh: moment now and again.  We certainly won't be holding it against you ;) Nice model too :yes:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Div'na fret pet.  Everyone's allowed a :doh: moment now and again.  We certainly won't be holding it against you ;) Nice model too :yes:

Thanks Mike, you're a star.  I am getting on a bit and have been for a long walk up and down hills today and was knackered when I posted!!! 

Thanks fella.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Nicely done Chris,...... you`ve done a superb job of a tricky kit and that nose looks fab, lots of elbow grease been expended there eh? I like your wardobe desk too,..... I had one like that years ago,....... and the Malta Spit looks tasty!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Excellent job on the Boston! I have two of these Boston kits that I plan on doing as Soviet versions (the single biggest user of the Boston/A-20 Havoc). Now about your workspace - no, that will never do, young man. Far too neat, far too organised. Let's get some chaos going lad, and I want to see some nice paint stains on it next time! And what is that to the right of your Malta Spitfire, the tail fin for a 1/24th scale Wyvern?*

Regards,

Jason

*Now wouldn't that be something for Airfix to tackle!

• Thanks 1

Very nice model :) I see that wiring engines is worth to do it. :)
Hammer on the last photo shows that you're experienced modeller and know how to solve problems wit fitting :D

• Thanks 1

Lovely job you can tell a lot of time went into the details.

Your modelling desk is too small though where's the room for the crap, tools, teacups and bits and bobs to spread out. Currently my bench is covered in decals, sprues, a plate of toast crumbs and the guts of an old radio I am failing to fix. Oh and in a small clear space a partly built Bloch 174.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very very nice build.

Thanks SAT69, very kind

14 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Very nice Boston 👍 Love your work area cupboard to...very neat and compact!

Thank you binbrook87 kind of you to say

13 hours ago, Werdna said:

Nice build - and I'm in awe of that workspace :)

Thanks Werdna

12 hours ago, tonyot said:

Nicely done Chris,...... you`ve done a superb job of a tricky kit and that nose looks fab, lots of elbow grease been expended there eh? I like your wardobe desk too,..... I had one like that years ago,....... and the Malta Spit looks tasty!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, there certainly was some sanding efforts around the nose but all good in the end.  The Spitfire is very nearly finished. I am pleased with the modelling desk and have extra lighting inside too, making it a great place to work.

11 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris - the man cave's looking good too! :clap2:

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, the whirlwind is finally receiving some attention too

6 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Nice Boston, the Whirlwind looks good too

Thanks Neil

6 hours ago, Learstang said:

Excellent job on the Boston! I have two of these Boston kits that I plan on doing as Soviet versions (the single biggest user of the Boston/A-20 Havoc). Now about your workspace - no, that will never do, young man. Far too neat, far too organised. Let's get some chaos going lad, and I want to see some nice paint stains on it next time! And what is that to the right of your Malta Spitfire, the tail fin for a 1/24th scale Wyvern?*

Regards,

Jason

*Now wouldn't that be something for Airfix to tackle!

Thanks Jason, the Boston kit was nice to build although be careful of the nose area.  Looking forward to seeing your Soviet machines.  The work bench is still very new give it a week or two and I am sure it will have the required mess and clutter.  The item next to the Spit is the outer wing section of a 32nd scale Seversky P35.  I have been rescribing it.  That's a long term project. I wish it was a 24scale wyvern fin, that would be a biggie.

5 hours ago, Beard said:

The Boston looks splendid, I'm doing one at the moment but I doubt it'll turn out anywhere near as good.

Thanks Simon for your kind comments, I am sure you will turn out a cracking Boston fella, your Spitfires are lovely.  

5 hours ago, Konrad said:

Very nice model :) I see that wiring engines is worth to do it. :)
Hammer on the last photo shows that you're experienced modeller and know how to solve problems wit fitting :D

Thanks Konrad, they were a little fiddly but definitely worth doing.  Ha ha yes you got me the hammer is for emergency use😁 . I also do railway modelling too and it's for that really.

3 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

Great Boston, love the extra work on the engines, it really adds something. I hope the hammer wasn't necessary to get it to fit!

Thanks Vulcanicity, the engines didn't come with any pushrod tubes which is fortunate really, once started I thought I had better add the ignition harnesses too, which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  AHH you have heard about the kit too!!! 😄 Fortunately hammer not required in the end.

1 hour ago, AltcarBoB said:

Lovely job you can tell a lot of time went into the details.

Your modelling desk is too small though where's the room for the crap, tools, teacups and bits and bobs to spread out. Currently my bench is covered in decals, sprues, a plate of toast crumbs and the guts of an old radio I am failing to fix. Oh and in a small clear space a partly built Bloch 174.

Thanks Bob, I couldn't have a bigger desk as I can barely fit the models and two model railway layouts, my working from home desk an TV in there. This desk allows me to put stuff on the sides externally too although itself is still a work on progress.  

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

I hope you are all able to stay safe.

All the best

Chris

• Like 3

Outstanding model!  You've put the work in and it's really paid off.

Thanks also for sharing the workbench, inspiration for keeping it compact and tidy. I currently have an ocean of modelling stuff, bits of used decal paper, masking tape, wine glasses, jam jars of paint water, crumbs, sprue offcuts, HP sauce etc etc all over my dining table...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RMCS said:

Lovley 

Thanks RMCS

35 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Outstanding model!  You've put the work in and it's really paid off.

Thanks also for sharing the workbench, inspiration for keeping it compact and tidy. I currently have an ocean of modelling stuff, bits of used decal paper, masking tape, wine glasses, jam jars of paint water, crumbs, sprue offcuts, HP sauce etc etc all over my dining table...

Thanks AH

I have been and still am in progress of a loft conversion, it's a long term project and I have finally earned the mancave (lots of saving of brownie points).  The desk is our old computer cupboard and rather than get rid wanted something to keep the room fairly tidy.  I wouldn't be allowed to spread out my modelling bits on the dining table , SWMBO would throw a fit!!! Hopefully we are all winners, that is what I keep telling her anyway!!!

All the best

Chris