Paintbrushes

dandove

34 minutes ago, dandove said:

Can anybody recommend a particular set of paintbrushes? I am not sure what I need in terms of different types of brush. Many thanks.

Well for people to help you mate you need to let   them know what kind of painting you intend to do (Detail or general or both) and with what kind of paint as well (oil enamels or acrylics etc) That will determine what gets recommend in terms of size and what the bristles are made from etc. 

Tony. 

I am looking to do both general and detail painting. I have not done any modelling since the 1970s so I have been trying to get up to speed on paint. Having read up on this, acrylic seems to be the way to go so far as I can see.

12 minutes ago, dandove said:

I am looking to do both general and detail painting. I have not done any modelling since the 1970s so I have been trying to get up to speed on paint. Having read up on this, acrylic seems to be the way to go so far as I can see.

For general painting using acrylics, I recommend @PlaStix' YouTube video on the subject. An extremely helpful and practical demonstration of how to produce a great finish:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been using Humbrol synthetic hair flat brushes for acrylics recently and I am finding them to be excellent. Don't know if they're long lasting as it's only been two months but they have been well used and still look brand new.

These are the ones

Flat brushes

• 2 weeks later...