1/43 Chaparral 2G, Can-Am '67

Here's another of my 1/43 Can-Am models.

This is the Chaparral 2G, as seen at Riverside in '67.  It's based on the Esdo resin kit, but has been modified a bit.  The body suffered from a bit of an identity crisis in that it had the rear wheel arch extensions seen later in the year, but with the engine cover configuration of the early races.

I modified the engine cover but cutting away the central section, and adding the prominent scoop and the mesh vent panels.

spacer.png

With engine a bit more exposed, I added some Marsh Models carburettors and intakes.  There was a bit of extra detail added to the cockpit, as well.

Chap2G-3.jpg

I changed the wheels and tyres with items from the spares box.  Decals were a mix of kit, Patto's Place, and Marsh Models.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

Trevor

• Like 11

Thanks very much indeed. 

Coming from someone whose work is of such a high standard, I will take that as a seal of approval.

Trevor 

21 hours ago, Kitkent said:

It's very nice! 1st.time we've seen a Can Am car on here? Chris.

Thanks, Chris.  Glad you like it.

Not my first Can-Am car on BM.  In late March I posted pics of John Surtees' Championship winning Lola T70 of 1966, and in mid-April I posted pics of Jim Hall's Chaparral 2E as seen at Laguna Seca, also from 1966.

Many more Can-Am machines (and Le Mans cars) in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks again.

Trevor

• Like 2

Many thanks to all for the appreciative comments.

Jim Hall created some fabulous cars but never had quite the success I feel that he deserved.  The fact that they are so memorable says so much about them.

More "white birds" in due course.

Trevor

• Like 2

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

Good to see another Chaparral here (I posted a 2C and 2D a while back).  I’m looking forward to more of your CanAm cars. 

Just had a look at them.  Very nice.

More Can-Am cars, and Chaparrals, in due course.

Trevor

• Thanks 1