1/144 Shackleton AEW2

Hi 

Apologies, probably boring you with these, but here is another lockdown build, though this one was started a while ago but added to the shelf of doom as I am unused to resin. It was my first full resin kit.....I really do prefer plastic (I admit it, I am an assembler, not a true modeller, ha).

Anyway, in the spirit of just getting it done, I finished it as best I could. It’s in the cabinet now....at the back :). I do remember having great difficulty in finding this kit, but snaffled one a few years ago (I needed it for my ‘Mildenhall Airshow’ Build theme)

(apologies to all you proper resin builders.....you may want to look away now)

B1b

B1b

B1b

B1b

• Like 32

Thanks sir. 
yes, that’s the one. It’s actually a pretty nice and the decals are excellent. I just mucked up the painting, still getting used to an airbrush.

The fuselage will need some warping back into shape and the main wheel oleos are a little weak, but that’s only because they are to scale!

Good luck, I would love to see your results!

• Thanks 1

That's really great fella! I've been after a 1/144 Shackleton for some time now and if the result looks like yours then I'll be well pleased. Loving the small scale stuff. Keep em coming 👍👍

1 minute ago, binbrook87 said:

Edited by binbrook87

Thanks F32, I am glad to share it with everyone. The community spirit here is really supportive and motivating.

That looks like an excellent Shackleton to me. Love it! 

I have a Welsh Models vacform one that I seriously hope turns out as good looking as yours!

Cracking job!!!

:clap: