1/72 Airfix B-17G "Mah Ideel"

Could you believe that mine had a missing sprue D with parts for bomb bay? I'm still waiting for it due to virus related delay. 

Anyway, it's fine but 100% OOB. I plan to make some necessary alterations and replace machine guns. 

That looks stunning, really must get round to doing a B-17. I've got the modern Revell kit in the stash.

Your Alclad finish looks really nice as well. I've got some of that Alclad but haven't tried it yet, what did you use as the primer?

Martin

9 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

That looks stunning, really must get round to doing a B-17. I've got the modern Revell kit in the stash.

Your Alclad finish looks really nice as well. I've got some of that Alclad but haven't tried it yet, what did you use as the primer?

Martin

Thank you for Feedback, Martin.

Alclad lacquers require a gloss coat as primer, my prefered choice is Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black.

This paint also helps to detect surface irregularities (such as scratches, dust or seamlines) due to its reflective nature.

• Like 1

Hi My Friend Roman:

Congratulations for this Majestic job!!!. 

Was watching this build and enjoying all the work you did here...Simply Fantastic!!!

Seem this year is very special as the line of not common subjects -at least for you-  from your workshop continue emerging at a nice great pace. Congratulations for that too.

Which subject Will be coming from this time???....Take advantage of the time and go ahead with the chances to produce as the time, for people like you,  is now. 

Keep on and enjoy the time, all in between its possible for sure are enjoying it as each one can!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso.

Edited by Luis Alfonso

7 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Thank you for Feedback, Martin.

Alclad lacquers require a gloss coat as primer, my prefered choice is Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black.

This paint also helps to detect surface irregularities (such as scratches, dust or seamlines) due to its reflective nature.

Many thanks for your help with that Roman. I've only got Tamiya X1 so not sure if that would work with Alclad. I did try it with the alclad ALC-305 gloss black, but the metal alclad peeled off!