Matchbox 1.72 Dornier Do 28 D Skyservant

Matchbox 1.72 Dornier Do 28 D Skyservant. Only additions from the box are the handmade pitot tube ad the aerial wire. Decals are mostly the original 1970s ones, only the flags on the tail were replaced as the yellow was out of register. Fit is not great in places but hey its dated 1976, Another one of those great kits only MB seemed to do, Paint is an AK set for German Aircraft from the cold war.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

I've always loved the looks of the SkyServant, and yours is really handsome.  I have built several of these kits, and not to spoil it for you, but you can actually add the passenger windows after you've painted / clear-coated the model, and the fit is perfect.  Not sure if that's the case with MB DHC-6 Twin Otter.

• Like 1

Great work on this old Kit Julian, you have really done this justice.  As someone else mentioned this taking them back to their youth, I remember having a 1977 Matchbox catalogue and this model being quite unusual along with the DO228 and Beaufighter were favourites.  I wish I still had the catalogue.

Great work fella and thanks for the memories.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Guys.

I was always more of a Matchbox guy than an airfix guy growing up and this was one of the kits I never built, back then the WWII stuff was more interesting. Picked this up last year for £5 and well worth it, some of the old MB kits make good money these days, even more so original boxes with the collectors in the market.

Might make another if I can find another kit as there is a company in Germany that makes aftermarket decals for thekit.

Julien

Who said that putting lipstick on a pig cannot make it look good??? 😉  

You have done just that with this beautiful Do-28 :goodjob:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great model! I spent quite some time at Hopsten, Germany as a youth, and in the eighties you saw these Skyservants there the whole day. Will never forget the sights and sounds... 

Regards,

Gerben

• Like 1