Lots more real trucks

As has been noted elsewhere, I tend to build models of trucks that actually exist. I've done a few in my time, so here they are. The ones from my own career are matched with a pic of the original.

Some of these models go back years so theres variation in the standard of modelling...and photography lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I built this bus for my mam's 80th birthday. Its a replica of the bus she used to go to work on in Birmingham around 1953

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ryedale Wolf
  • Like 30

There's a really nice selection of models you've posted up today, although I must admit it seems a little odd (in a good way) seeing trucks from companies I saw on the roads when I was younger.

• Like 2

A great looking line up, you've really cover the makes & eras. The Mandator takes out the prize for personal favourite, I drove one in my younger days, the Ergo cab was nicely driver friendly compared with it's predecessors.

Steve.

• Like 1

Wooow that is quite the collection, beautiful! I totally love those '80's trucks, I have a few of them in the stash and I'm itching to have a go, looking at this. Love the even older trucks as well. I think my favourites of this lot are the 141's and the British lorries!

• Like 1

Great collection Love the Prestons Of Potto one. Coming from North East If I am heading down A 19/ A 1 & see one I know I am on my way.

• Like 1

Some collection! Much surprised by the "Essex International Transport, Chelmsford" one, you would have thought I'd have known about that. Company is still operating, but is now truly international, as they're based in Aberdeen!

• Like 1

As truck modellers we are nowhere near as well catered for as some other disciplines. For instance you can probably get every mark of Spitfire from just about every manufacturer. We are nowhere near as lucky.

This means we end up doing an awful lot of scratchbuilding and converting. Also there are some aftermarket suppliers and we can get transkits to convert some kits to other vehicles. Its about the only way to get a British truck. Not cheap though. Plus the price of the donor kit.

Last year at Telford we had a 'Best of British' theme with only British vehicles on the table. Shame there wasn't a British kit manufacturer represented...not one. I pointed this out to the Airfix man after I dragged him over but I don't hold out much hope. I've been bending Trevor Snowden's ear about it for years. But then look at Emhar, they made a killing with those Bedfords

As for the decals there are 2 or 3 places we can get them done. I make my own.

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

Some collection! Much surprised by the "Essex International Transport, Chelmsford" one, you would have thought I'd have known about that. Company is still operating, but is now truly international, as they're based in Aberdeen!

Its still around somewhere that one, I sold it years ago.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Lovely collection, very impressive

Have to agree with Stevehnz the Mandator is the one for me.

Like the FL10 as well, if there was a straight forward kit I'd do one in the colours of the fleet I used to look after

• Like 2

What a magnificent collection,I was truck mad as a kit and the ERF and BRS Leyland really struck a chord,but I love the Volvo(White trux) we had a big 

haulage company in my home town called Cawthorn Sinclair operating mainly Mercedes and Volvos running into Europe for the nearby Caterpillar 

factory could spend hours near the gates watching the comings and going's especially as Pickford's used to stage their big Scammel's  there, Thank's

for posting!

20 hours ago, Anteater said:

Is your entire house full of model trucks??

Love the Scania 141s, and the old Atkinson is pretty cool.

LOL nearly. Add to these the ones I haven't photographed yet although theres some that were built as commission work and so have gone to their new owners. Plus a number of motorcycles, WWI aircraft and half a dozen tanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Ryedale Wolf, I am very very interested in the 2 Robinson’s of Northallerton ( the ERF and the Atkinson ) trucks, I am good friend of Laura, Trev and the family and i am more than sure they would be grateful have such amazing pieces. 

• 1 year later...
On 09/05/2022 at 21:21, Stantheman said:

Hey Ryedale Wolf, I am very very interested in the 2 Robinson’s of Northallerton ( the ERF and the Atkinson ) trucks, I am good friend of Laura, Trev and the family and i am more than sure they would be grateful have such amazing pieces. 

They already have them. I built them for Trevor!

Nice truck model selection Wolfie and very good builds.

You are right about the lack of British Truck Kits. Apart from Emhar's Bedfords, the only one  I can think of is a Leyland DAF unit by Italeri issued some years ago. I had one that was earmarked to convert into the Anneka's Challenge rig but sold it on.

I can remember having a chat with you at Gaydon some years back about your lovely Routemaster model.I

Incidentally, I don't remember the Gaydon Show ever getting publicised in the forthcoming shows lists in IPMS of other commercial modelling magazines. It is a good show each year so maybe it would be worth a bit more publicity. Correct me if I am wrong and the info has gone out to the various magazines for show listings.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1